183 prefix Mini-14 scope mount

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
This scope mount came with a recent Mini-14 purchase. Rifle does not have stock site. Questions are,
1) Maker?
2)where can i get the site blade thats missing
3) could it be cut down so it only fits a red dot site?

Thanks, Dan

12-16-12011_zpsb093a9d1.jpg

oregon73

Blackhawk
I've never seen a scope mount like that.

You may be able to get a replacement rear sight through Brownells or MidwayUSA. Make sure you get the old style--the new style is completely different.

Rob

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
That looks similar to the one made by S&K. To put on the S&K, you removed the rear sight and put two allen screws in through the windage screw hole and them put pressure on with a little allen screw from the back. They were a pretty solid setup that didn't shake loose as quick as the other ones, but you couldn't use the open sights and you needed to take the scope off to do anything to the bolt. If I recall them made them to use with either S&K rings or Weaver rings. That one is similar, but looks a bit different.
Bfly

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
It mounts just as Black Fly says but it does have a rear site on it to use open sites. It looks pretty sturdy just kind of long for the type of sights I want to use. How do I verify what type of rings will work with it?

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
It looks like Weaver rings should fit, if the width is right. I don't know where you would find the slide for the back. I think that will take allignment of the planets and the luck needed to pick a winning Lotto ticket or a friend who is a machinist.
Bfly