17 HMR/ 17 mach 2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rgwarren

Bearcat
Does anyone know of a single six with both cylenders (17 HMR and 17 Mach 2) for sale? I think they were only produced 1 year.

contender

Ruger Guru
Oh yes, we know about those rare guns. Not too many made and hard to find. There has been one offered in the classifieds here.

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
Wow; that is one super little gun!

When they first advertised them, I immediately ordered one. It is a beatiful match for my 44 SBH Hunter; just a sort of 'miniature' version, and I really like the 17 caliber as well.
My dealer soon told me that they couldn't get one, and gave me back my deposit.

Now I see one for sale occasionally, but for a 'collector's' price. I don't buy collector guns; I buy them to shoot. But for the price usually asked, you really shouldn't shoot one.

Unfortunate. Such nice guns sitting in safes and not being enjoyed. Oh well.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Shoot44":2kh7mv0k said:
Unfortunate. Such nice guns sitting in safes and not being enjoyed. Oh well.

Don't forget Plan B! By one as an investment/collector's piece and get another as a shooter!

Been there/done that a few times......and wished I'd grabbed that ONE .17 convertible I saw in a shop in Sheridan several years ago......

flatgate

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
That was my plan but darn with some guns it is better to share the wealth and I have a used 17HMR Single Six Hunter that I do shoot. I don't really have to shoot a gun that is so darned hard to find when others need and want one to complete their collection too.

METLHED57

Bearcat
For the experts, does anyone know why they only made them one year? I understand the issues with the 10/17 rifle but what would be the problem with the single six?