16 GA O/U?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
Not to my knowledge but Ruger did make a 410 O/U many years ago but there were only 4 made.(I did know at one time where 3 were but I never could locate the 4th). I sure wish that they would make a run of the 410's for the small guage guys.

SgtSam

Bearcat
I'm looking for a nice 16 ga O/U that won't break the bank. It's a really confusing search. I find a number of reasonably priced units from several European companies. But the reviews range from great to bad. I'm not sure if most of the bad are simply coming from the "high-end" snobs, or if they're for real. :?

Oh well! I'll keep searching, and researching, and maybe I'll figure it out. 8)

SgtSam

A

Anonymous

Browning has made a couple of limited runs of 16ga citori's. I use to have one and they are very nice guns. You can expect to pay 1200- 1500 depending on the model. They turn up on the 16ga forum ( 16ga.com)from time to time or you can just google 16ga citori. These are about the best buy out there for a pretty good quality 16. FWIW even though I had one and am a big 16ga fan there isn't much they can do that a 20 won't do. After all an ounce of shot is an ounce of shot and that will handle about all upland needs . If you want to shoot turkey and waterfowl then the 12ga is the way to go. Just my .02

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Find a store where you can heft and swing a CZ in 16. The receivers are scaled for gauge, and the 16 Ringneck, although a SXS is a sweet unit.

As I prefer side-by-side guns to stackbarrels, the Ringneck is near perfect for me and under a thousand clams to boot. Until S&W or Ruger builds a true upland bird gun in 16, the CZ will hunt with my setters.

Browning has 16 guage Citoris in its present catalog. Pricey.

The Marlin is an excellent gun if you can find a nice one. I prefer the early ones with double triggers and no barrel rib; opinions vary on that. I also have one in .410 that I bought in Vermont (used) back in the 1980s. A fun gun; almost as uncommon as the combination guns in .410/.22H and .410/.22LR (probably other combos too)!

FYI there is an excellent article on the Marlin Model 90 in the 2010 "Gun Digest".

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
Just a bit of info. I have a 16ga Browing Citori Lighting that was made prior to 1988. I paid around $2000.00 for this gun which still is NIB. I took a bath price wise as soon as I purchased the gun Browning came out with a new run of 16 O/U that sold for $1600.00+. These guns where made rigsht around 2000-2001.

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
Mike Armstrong":vnymovie said:
Browning has 16 guage Citoris in its present catalog. Pricey.

Browning does not have 16 gage Citori's in its catalog and hasn't had since the early '90s, IIRC.

Browning has done a number of limited runs of 16 Citori's over the last decade or so but they were not catalog items.

A

Anonymous

Supposedly Belleplain Supply Center has some 16ga citoris in stock. You can google their web site.

husky44

Bearcat
I would also highly recommend the CZ Ringneck! I have a 20 ga ringneck and will pick that gun over my Beretta's or Redlable when going after upland game. The gun just shoots and handles so well.