15 Classic TV shows that debuted 50 yrs ago in 1 week

Help Support Ruger Forum:

powder smoke

Hawkeye
Yes was the golden age, only show I do not recognize is My Mother the Car.
All quality FAMILY shows. Red Skelton was my dads favorite also from the era. ps

blackhawknj

Buckeye
"My Mother The Car" has been belittled-by people who probably never saw it-as inane and an indictment of popular taste, but it was fairly funny-a variation on "Mr. Ed"-you take an absurd premise, have ordinary people react to it and deal with it because it's real to them.

SAJohn

Hunter
Shows that I would rate first class are "Run for your Life", "I Spy", and "The Dean Martin Show".

Second tier would be "Hogan's Heros" and "Get Smart".

Samples of most of these shows are available on Youtube. I'll wager that most of us could not sit through an episode of "Lost in Space"

Dean Martin was famous for refusing to participate in rehearsals. I remember watching one show when he opened the surprise guest door, cracked up, closed the door and went on with the show. Years later I learned that the crew had sneaked in a stripper lady who was stark naked.

Cholo

Staff member
I Dream of Jeannie made coming of age boys think dirty thoughts from sunrise to sunset...and all night long. "I will do anything you want, Master, anything!" :mrgreen:

6gun

Hunter
I don't remember "My Mother The Car" either, remember all the others.

Must have been a better show on at the same time.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I watched almost half those shows as a kid. :oops:

As an adult, I don't think I could sit through any of them now, except maybe Jeannie--with the sound off. :p

Maybe some Dean Martin, as long as I had a Fast-Forward button.

There was no bigger Man from UNCLE fan than I when I was a kid. About 15 or 20 years ago I watched them all again. I couldn't believe how silly and boring they were. The plot of almost every episode was exactly the same.

6gun

Hunter
I still like to watch Big Valley and F Troop when I get the chance. :D

I might even be able to watch the FBI but I couldn't sit through those other shows, Hogan's Heroes was good but has been shown in reruns so many time I can't stand it any longer either.

Snake45

Hawkeye
6gun said:
Hogan's Heroes was good but has been shown in reruns so many time I can't stand it any longer either.
That's the way I feel about MASH and All in the Family.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
SAJohn said:
Dean Martin was famous for refusing to participate in rehearsals. I remember watching one show when he opened the surprise guest door, cracked up, closed the door and went on with the show. Years later I learned that the crew had sneaked in a stripper lady who was stark naked.

Hi,

John, whatcha wanta bet there was a Soupy Sales fan on Dean's crew?

Needless to say, what made it to our TV screens of Soupy's "visitor" in 1962 was even more censored than what this cut shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cherobZX9cc

Rick C

6gun

Hunter
Snake45 said:
6gun said:
Hogan's Heroes was good but has been shown in reruns so many time I can't stand it any longer either.
That's the way I feel about MASH and All in the Family.

Yup Mash was a great show till it was over shown in reruns just like just like Hogan's Heroes was.

I watched All in the family when they were still producing new shows, I never did watch the old reruns of it, I never liked it that well but I did like Archie and his non PC attitude he always reminded me of my dad. :lol:

Could you imagine Archie Bunker if he were TV now days making new shows? all the PC liberal scum bags would throw a fit. :mrgreen:

graygun

Hunter
The late 50s/early 60s shows were better than the mid 60s and later ones,IMO.

Green Acres and I Dream of Jeannie are both hilarious shows.

I loved Hank Kimbell, well I didn't really love him I more idolized him, no that isn't it, what were we talking about again Mr. Douglas?

Tony Nelson and Dr. Bellows also had some of the best dialog on TV.

Tony: Dr. Bellows I am glad I entertain you.

Dr. Bellows: Captain Nelson I am perplexed by you. You keep a horse in your living room. You talk to your walls and you drink seawater.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Cholo said:
I Dream of Jeannie made coming of age boys think dirty thoughts from sunrise to sunset...and all night long. "I will do anything you want, Master, anything!" :mrgreen:

Sheesh, you missed the most important one fancy for young men of my age. Annette. You don't need to give the last name, everyone knows who she was. She was a one namer long before likely anyone else.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Jeepnik said:
Cholo said:

Sheesh, you missed the most important one fancy for young men of my age. Annette. You don't need to give the last name, everyone knows who she was. She was a one namer long before likely anyone else.
Annette was hot, but Jeannie was MUCH hotter. She was pretty much hotter than everybody. :p

graygun

Hunter
Snake45 said:
Jeepnik said:
Cholo said:

Annette was hot, but Jeannie was MUCH hotter. She was pretty much hotter than everybody. :p

true

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
graygunSheesh said:

true[/quote]

Maybe, but I met Annette at Disneyland. Any of you meet Barbra Eden?

6gun

Hunter
Snake45 said:
Jeepnik said:
Cholo said:

A couple of my heart throbs as a kid in back the 60's was Masha Brady on the Brady bunch and Elli May of the Beverly Hill billies.

Kyberz

Bearcat
Snake45 said:
Jeepnik said:
Cholo said:

Except Emma Peel perhaps (Diana Rigg, The Avengers). Nothing like a woman in a cat suit who if provoked could hand you your head. :D

Latest posts