12th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OK, here are some pictures. This is the setup for the timed shooting "contest" I guess only Blume, Mark, and Contender took part. I do have video of all three of you shooting. I'm going to post that unless someone doesn't want their picture posted here.

Anyway, to start, here are two pictures of the range and then some pictures of the setup's on the belts of the shooters.

2022-10-01_16-24-24_361.jpeg

2022-10-01_16-25-14_277.jpeg

Below is Contender's 1911. He can speak more about the holster setup if anyone has any questions. It's pretty neat the way it clips into the holster.

2022-10-01_16-26-43_100.jpeg

Magazine's Galore :)
2022-10-01_16-23-30_609.jpeg

And another race gun holster setup. I don't have any information about it at all.
2022-10-01_16-23-15_966.jpeg

Here are just some general pictures, in no particular order. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures of people, I never really know if they want their picture posted up on the internet for the whole world to see.

The two videos are on youtube, however, they are "Unlisted" so only those people with the link can watch them. I certainly don't care about views or followers.

2022-10-01_12-34-15_113.jpeg

2022-10-01_12-34-07_928.jpeg

2022-10-01_12-39-40_678.jpeg

2022-10-01_14-51-44_666.jpeg

2022-10-01_12-26-32_624.jpeg

It was a lot of fun. I still have some more pictures to go through on my other camera. These were taken with my phone. If I have any better pictures, I will post them.

But it was such a great time. I'm telling my wife I want to go back next year. There are shorter routes. Up through TN saves about 100 miles each way. Yesterday I drove 500 miles and it's just too much to do in one day.

It's good you didn't get a video of me... As I posted previously, I'm blaming how slow I was on the red clay mud that was stuck to the bottom of my boots. The 'contest' had a total of 20 shots and with me shooting a pistol with a 15 round magazine and needing one reload I think Contender's time shooting a revolver was about 1/3 of mine... Mark's was about 1/2.

markh66

Bearcat
I'm hoping to have a basic Super Blackhawk 44 when I come next year. I'm one of the weird people that can shoot it without hurting my knuckle. Regret selling my first on a few years ago. Anyway, I'm grateful for all the generosity of Contender for sharing his range. I hate that I had to miss supper.
Kevin brought a Sig P210. I tell you that was the first time I saw one in person and that thing shoots like a dream. The factory trigger is freaking awesome.

turd

Buckeye
Appreciate the pics. The gathering is on my bucket list. It's great to see a bunch of people that look like me (girth and gray) get together. 😎

contender

Ruger Guru
I've been unable to view these video's & pictures in the evenings due to slow internet downloading. Mornings are always better. I've been very busy these last few days,, roofing my house.

Anyway, great stuff.
The stage we shot, was actually very simple. Staying in the "box" 10 targets, (2) rounds each, wall barricade blocking your view and adding angled shooting. Mark did very good considering he borrowed my gun & rig, and hadn't shot it before. The holster for my 1911 is a "speed holster," for competition.
The other rig, where you see the Super GP-100 9mm, is a "Comp-Tac" revolver competition holster.

And the red mud slowing down blume,, ALSO stuck to the bottom of my feet. I was a bit slower than normal. But in USPSA,, we shoot things like this,, and getting over a minor issue is normal. Several years ago, in the USPSA magazine,, there was a GREAT picture of Robbie Leatham. The range was very, very wet & muddy. Robbie was captured by a photographer, his body in the prone position, BUT still airborne. It was the split second before he landed in the mud to go prone on a target. He said afterwards,, (as he tried to clean off a lot of mud etc; "That was fun, messy, but fun!"

The pics of the scoped Redhawk are when we were all testing the loaner grips (thanks again hittman)!
The two young men, (brothers) were enjoying trying the Redhawk,, and in his holster is a .357 Maxi. Local guys,, who truly did have a GREAT time!
The gentleman in the orange shirt,, is a regular at the Gatherings,, (Danny,) a lurker here. The fine gentleman with the ZZ Top beard,, ( :D ) is our own "Cholo."
nekvermont,, & turd,, you have a year to plan,, "Come on down!"

Oh yes, thanks, I forgot. I did get a couple good pictures of Hittman's Grips. I liked them. But don't have much in the way of comparison, as I don't shoot any 44's. But, the finger groves fit my big fat fingers perfectly. And the grips do a great job of not just absorbing recoil, but the grips spread the recoil out so it hits the palm of my hand fairly evenly. So it's more like a gentle push than a slam into my hand.

Thanks for sending them out for us to try. I appreciate it.

2022-10-01_12-35-47_064.jpeg

2022-10-01_12-35-35_409.jpeg

Yes, even thought it is mostly a 'good 'ol boy' get together... we 'boys' do tend to have a pretty good sense of safety and proper firearms handling.
I first 'got' that rule when taking the safety tour of my gun club and the guy giving the tour told the tail of a guy at the club who had participated in a competition and when done went to the club house and had a beer... then someone came in and told him he had actually tied with the high score with another member and needed to go shoot another round.... nope, he came in second because he could not shoot anymore. I like to have a drink .... but there are certain rules I refuse to break and that is one of them... drinking and shooting or driving is one of them I will not do.

I like to have a drink .... but there are certain rules I refuse to break and that is one of them... drinking and shooting or driving is one of them I will not do.
Well said.

I know Contender said adult beverages are allowed after the guns are put away. But I've never gotten the vibe that alcohol would make the event more fun.

Latest posts