11th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering: Wrap-up!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jimd441

Blackhawk
DeKays snakes seem to be by far the most common snake species in my part of N.C.

Jim

Nope, I can't play a thing... and I can't even dance... even though a girl friend back in 1977 had me learn learn all the disco dance moves from the main one in Saturday Night Fever .... but I had the woman's part and she had John Travolta's. It's true.... she wanted to become a professional dancer... well she did become a professional but it was not dancing....

Colonialgirl said:
Wish we could get Cruzerlou to return to the gatherings along with the deputy.
Sometime back I called him and got no answer. Left a text message and recieved no reply. He just seems to have 'dissappeared'. He was the first ruger forum person I ever met, face to face, at the first "Gathering".

Swampbilly_2

Single-Sixer
I attended the FIRST year's event and it was great! One of my worse decisions was not returning and attending more of them.
I once was very active in this Forum, but then drifted away from it for several years.....recently rekindled my presence here...I knew there had been at least two more annual events, but surprised to learn that Contender, and Forum Members, have kept this going for many years.

My plan is to attend the next one this October 2022 !

SwampBilly_2

Last edited:

Swampbilly_2

Single-Sixer
Ron:
Thanks for the name of the restaurant. I’ll plan on stopping there. I also wanted to go to the Smokey Mountain Knife shop.

Also: here is a request, perhaps Contender might be able to help… Earlier this year before I spent all my gun budget, I had thought about a 1911 in 45 acp. I had one years ago but sold it. If someone has a 1911 in 45, I’d love to shoot it. I will bring some ammunition. I’d really like to shoot a couple different 1911’s with different sights and triggers, to see what’s best.

The 1911 I had was a basic mil-spec Amscor, which had a pretty heavy trigger and poor sights. It wasn’t very enjoyable to shoot. I was thinking of getting something nicer, but could not figure out what.

I’ll splurge on a couple boxes of ammo to bring with me.
Smoky Mountain Knife Shop is a dangerous place......for your WALLET! HA!
I spend money each time I'm in there....usually stop in when I'm on my way to visit a friend who lives west of Nashville.

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks for the kind words.
But it was brought back each year,, by popular demand! :D :D
And,, good Lord willing,, we'll have it again this fall. :D