11911 Ruger Target

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Ordered one........did not have this variant. Came in. Paid for it and went home........WTH? The trigger pull is a bit grainy as you get to the point where the takeup is done and is "staged" to release. I do not like this......Second, the sights are all black, front and back. All this for a $1,050 deluxe 1911? Shoulda done more homework. The common 1911 and Commander versions I have are one hell of a lot better and cost less..........

DGW1949

Hunter
Some guns are made to sell, others are made to use, and all that glitters ain't gold....I came to that conclusion long ago after getting bit by a few 'brand-C' handguns....Just sayin' that you ain't alone when it comes to 'paid too much for too little'. But hey, the good news is that when you get right down to it, it's just a machine and machines can be fixed.

DGW

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Please, educate this old man..........never having been a target shooter unless it was a rock, stick or tin can, why the "all black" sights? Frankly, I do have an Ed Brown, Springfield, Sig(Novak's) and Kimber targets......Need to dig 'em out and look. Recall replacing the black front on the Springfield with a hi vis..........Yeah, I know, wife says Too Much Stuff!

Cholo

Staff member
For me, and many others, I get the most precise sight picture for target shooting with black front and rear sights. Some folks like a white outline rear sight and I hate them, same as a red front sight insert. I believe it all boils down to precision.

My Gold Cup? Black, just like it should be, for me anyway.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I do understand that, Mr Cholo. My assumption is for that of the Bullseye shooter. My old eyes, shooting/sighting with/from the left non dominant eye, as the right went to crap because of a retina problem unsolved by surgery...like the help from white dots and some high viz.........my thanks for your perspective and attention............Splitz(who also has some Gold Cups)

black1970

Blackhawk
If Ruger made a 1911 in 38 Super I would buy one. I have a Colt in same and it has a wonderful trigger. Nat match barrel, Novak rear sight, TruGlo front. I paid 1100 OTD.