110 yd practice .22mag RPR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I knew this was going to be a problem, but at 0900 this morning the temp was about 75* & no wind. Afternoons this time of year here get up into the mid '90s and 100+ feel temp. The problem was I had to shoot East to get 100+ yds range, so my excuse is the Sun in my face and the target in shadow. Hard enough to see the 1.5" bull at this range even with the scope at 9x under these conditions. Anyway, didn't have anything else to do so set up and sent some Hornady 30grn V-max (2200fps muzzle, .095 BC) down range.

Not my best day. :rolleyes:

The upper 5 shots are high from my 50yd zero because I dialed in too much elevation. The lower 3 I dialed back 8 clicks (2moa).

I think I'm going to wait till later this year when the afternoon temps are reasonable to do this again. But it's nice to know that at least I can hit minute of coyote with the sun in my face. ;)

olSL0AX.jpg

Looks like 'minute of coyote' to me. Truthfully, I've never had a really accurate 22 WMR. What you show is about as good as any I've had. Son's CZ with the 22WMR barrel is in the 1 MOA category but he has 'young eyes'.

I knew this was going to be a problem, but at 0900 this morning the temp was about 75* & no wind. Afternoons this time of year here get up into the mid '90s and 100+ feel temp. The problem was I had to shoot East to get 100+ yds range, so my excuse is the Sun in my face and the target in shadow. Hard enough to see the 1.5" bull at this range even with the scope at 9x under these conditions. Anyway, didn't have anything else to do so set up and sent some Hornady 30grn V-max (2200fps muzzle, .095 BC) down range.

Not my best day. :rolleyes:

The upper 5 shots are high from my 50yd zero because I dialed in too much elevation. The lower 3 I dialed back 8 clicks (2moa).

I think I'm going to wait till later this year when the afternoon temps are reasonable to do this again. But it's nice to know that at least I can hit minute of coyote with the sun in my face. ;)

olSL0AX.jpg
That's why I shoot cans, and water bottles at that range :p ;)

xtratoy

Buckeye
I have a 22 Mag RAR and can't complain about its accuracy at 100 yards and beyond. I've hit sticks about 1" - 1 1/2" thick out to 160 yards measured with a Nikon range finder. When one stick turns into two sticks you know you hit it. I credit the gun more than the shooter.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I have a 22 Mag RAR and can't complain about its accuracy at 100 yards and beyond. I've hit sticks about 1" - 1 1/2" thick out to 160 yards measured with a Nikon range finder. When one stick turns into two sticks you know you hit it. I credit the gun more than the shooter.
What's your choice of ammo?