10rnd mag to 15?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fez

Bearcat
Does someone make a replacement for the dummy bottom on a 10 round mag that will hold rounds to make it a 15? It's for a kp95d.Thanks.

jhearne

Buckeye
Do you have access to get the 15 round mags? Much easier option than that....you may need to get new springs, I wouldn't know for sure though.

MecGar is the top option I'd look at for mags, out of Italy, and most of Ruger's pistol mags (maybe others) are made there.

Josh

fez

Bearcat
Thanks.I plan on getting a 15 rounder maybe 2 but if there was a cheaper way to go for the range I could live with it even if it was not perfect.I would not use for sd though.A working class guy has got to stretch his bucks somewhere :x

wildturk

Single-Sixer
Without looking IIRC on those 10 round mags the base is pinned, where the 15 rounders have a base that slides off after depressing the retainer in the center of the base plate.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Those 10-round magazines are designed to be nearly impossible to convert back to 15 rounds.

During the high-cap ban magazine manufacturers had to make the 10-round limit nearly foolproof while still fitting pistols made to accept higher round count mags. To meet the law, the mag bodies were made shorter and false solid bottoms added, depth limiting grooves were embossed into the body that would break if you attempted to pound them out and other design features were used that could not be defeated at any reasonable expense.

No one simply stuck a spacer into a high-cap mag that you could remove. If you want a high cap magazine, you have to buy them in that form.