1022 Receiver Dims

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
I was wondering what the standard bore for the 1022 receiver should be.

And the standard OD of the 1022 barrel where it slips into the receiver.

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
Nope I bought a Faxon receiver and feel that it's Junk.
My barrel is so loose that I'm probably going to send the receiver back. Close as I can measure the bore, I'm getting .694". Which results in about 5/8" of play at the end of the 18" factory barrel I wanted to use. The factory barrel measures .684"

Customer support so far at Faxon stinks, they have not responded to emails or my phone call. All calls go straight to voice mail

Last edited:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
Here are the pictures of the Ruger carbine barrel, the Receiver is held in a vice and there is that much movement up and down at the end of the barrel.

I know from past experience this will result in so much barrel droop that I will be lucky if I have that much adjustment in a scope

Attachments

• 18in  UP.jpg
    18in UP.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 18in UP.jpg
    18in UP.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 67

NikA

Buckeye
Sounds to me like your receiver is out of spec on the large end by a little bit and your barrel is probably on the low end of spec. FWIW, I miked the take-off barrel I have (admittedly a Target model, so perhaps tighter tolerance to receiver bore) at .686".

ETA: how are you measuring the receiver bore? If you're using calipers, the error direction pretty much guarantees that's the lowest value the actual measurement could be.

Last edited:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
Sounds to me like your receiver is out of spec on the large end by a little bit and your barrel is probably on the low end of spec. FWIW, I miked the take-off barrel I have (admittedly a Target model, so perhaps tighter tolerance to receiver bore) at .686".

ETA: how are you measuring the receiver bore? If you're using calipers, the error direction pretty much guarantees that's the lowest value the actual measurement could be.
Yes calipers, I can't find my inside mics right now, was going to try to find them this afternoon. Sometimes moving stinks still setting up my shop area in the basement bunker.