100 year anniversary 1911 reproduction.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
For about half that price (probably less from a retailer) you can get one from USFA. Keep in mind, these are slightly different than the 1911-A1 that is current production.

Perhaps we should have a topic dedicated to truly over-the-top prices. I know I saw a full custom 1911, every part cut by hand, for $30K once, but I can no longer find it. The Ed Browns, Wilsons, and Nighthawks are "merely" $3500 or so.

-- Sam

revhigh

Hawkeye
Mike J":2pcni5av said:
I thought some of you 1911 afficianados might be interested in this. Cylinder & slide is doing a 100 anniversary reproduction for the measly price of 4000 dollars.

Everybody knows I love 1911's, but for $4K, I'd buy 3 or 4 Colts or Springfields, in various configurations.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
I need to see if I can find a link to the Kimber commemorative. They had pics on the thread I stole this from it looked bad to me but I'm not really a 1911 guy.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
There's a full page pic in the new American Rifleman of the Kimber 100th edition.
It looks to be designed by 5 colorblind bi-curious asian cowboys.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Cheesewhiz":17us9gph said:
There's a full page pic in the new American Rifleman of the Kimber 100th edition.
Funny, that describes most Kimbers I've seen... ;)

Ya gotta love it. The guy that was in charge at Kimber when they went on their marketing blitz of creating a "new model" for every gee-gaw they hung on the gun is now at Sig doing exactly the same thing. Explosion of new models, beavertails, boutique slide serrations, so many models they can't keep parts in stock for them all, etc, etc. What a genius. I'll bet he has a huge golden parachute, too.

-- Sam

Al James

Hunter
Cheesewhiz":1szul6p5 said:

LMAO! :lol: :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":28xo9kiw said:
Cheesewhiz":28xo9kiw said:

Yeah, I'd agree with that .... add in a bunch of low quality MIM parts, lackluster accuracy, and you have one of the worst values in the 1911 arena. The Monster Cable of 1911's ....

REV

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
Yosemite Sam":2541vv3e said:
For about half that price (probably less from a retailer) you can get one from USFA. Keep in mind, these are slightly different than the 1911-A1 that is current production.

Perhaps we should have a topic dedicated to truly over-the-top prices. I know I saw a full custom 1911, every part cut by hand, for $30K once, but I can no longer find it. The Ed Browns, Wilsons, and Nighthawks are "merely" $3500 or so.

-- Sam

Saw (did'nt touch) a Wilson at my dealers Saturday for the bargian price of $3300 :roll:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
revhigh":2cfgh920 said:
Yosemite Sam":2cfgh920 said:
Cheesewhiz":2cfgh920 said:

Yeah, I'd agree with that .... add in a bunch of low quality MIM parts, lackluster accuracy, and you have one of the worst values in the 1911 arena. The Monster Cable of 1911's ....
REV

Yeah, I know Monster cables (HDMI). They only run about $120 or so for a $10-quality cable. I learned that lesson just in the nick of time. Learned about Kimber the same way. $500 Compact, no workee, factory no fixee, me sell that sucker quickee. Lots of folks like 'em; different strokes.
Sonnytoo but I DO enjoy my 1911 Colts...

revhigh

Hawkeye
Actually, I have to be a little fair to MIMber. When they first got started, they made a pretty decent 1911. Now they're 90% hype ... 10% performance, just like Monster Cable.

I hear people talk all the time about how 1911's don't run, have all kinds of reliability issues, etc, etc. Then you find out they have a 50 year old Ithaca, or a Taurus, or a Sig. THEN you find out that they added about 20 'drop-in' parts to bling it up. Gee ... I wonder why it won't run ...

Buy an older Colt, leave it stock, and there will never be an issue.

By the way, I get my HDMI cables from 2 places .... monoprice.com, and bluejeanscables.com. About $6 for a 6 foot HDMI cable ... no difference from the $120 Monster Cable ... oh ... except for the packaging and $114. LOL.

REV

dakota1911

Buckeye
I wouldn't surprise me if everyone who makes a 1911 has a special version in 2011. Would be a nice year for Ruger to introduce a 1911.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
dakota1911":3nlndot3 said:
I wouldn't surprise me if everyone who makes a 1911 has a special version in 2011. Would be a nice year for Ruger to introduce a 1911.
Too late. STI has been selling a "2011" for a few years now. You can even buy frames and parts from Brownells. It's a polymer framed double stack with a square trigger guard...

-- Sam

Mike J

Hunter
Even after you warned what was at the link I still had to look again. Dang now my eyes are burning. I guess there is probably someone who will think it's beautiful somewhere though.

LexRex

Bearcat
revhigh":3k2w1193 said:
By the way, I get my HDMI cables from 2 places .... monoprice.com, and bluejeanscables.com. About $6 for a 6 foot HDMI cable ... no difference from the $120 Monster Cable ... oh ... except for the packaging and $114. LOL.

REV

monoprice rocks! Great customer service. sorry for the OT.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Cheesewhiz":2ldetktk said:
For those that want to see the Kimber Centennial in it's full glory, here's a link.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/products/centennial/

I have to admit I don't hate my series 1 Kimber stainless compact but that right there is the ugliest 1911 I've ever seen. It looks like some kind of horrible mistake in the finishing process and the ivory grips? :cry:

Hey Rev, it's a Kimber without the nasty Front Slide Serrations! :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":24ewcwjv said:
Hey Rev, it's a Kimber without the nasty Front Slide Serrations! :D

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice !!!!! I guess that's ONE positive thing you can say about it ....

REV