Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Wow, this really is typical Kimber:
  • It's a 1911-A1, not the standard 1911 which is the one that's 100 years old
  • I've never heard of or seen a "case colored" 1911 before
  • Target sights
  • Beavertail grip safety
What, exactly, is this supposed to be commemorative of? Ron Cohen's bad taste?

-- Sam

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Maybe if Kimber still made some that looked like this people wouldn't be so..so..Kimberphobic?

kimber-1.jpg

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
revhigh":awgnx6yw said:
I hear people talk all the time about how 1911's don't run, have all kinds of reliability issues, etc, etc. Then you find out they have a 50 year old Ithaca, or a Taurus, or a Sig.
Buy an older Colt, leave it stock, and there will never be an issue.

By the way, I get my HDMI cables from 2 places .... monoprice.com, and bluejeanscables.com. About $6 for a 6 foot HDMI cable ... no difference from the $120 Monster Cable ... oh ... except for the packaging and $114. LOL.

REV

Holy cow, Rev, I've had two P220 Sigs that never missed a beat. I've always given high marks to Sig. Cop shops around Detroit were always hot on their 226's and 228's. And of course I love my Colts. And we agree on Monster Cable.
Now, if I can just figure how you got ahold of a bad Sig...
Maybe it's similar to that nasty Kimber I had once upon a time...
:) Sonnytoo

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Not to put words in Rev's mouth, but I think he was talking about the Sig 1911. Yes, they decided they had to make one a few years ago, right after the great and wonderful Ron Cohen of Kimber fame took over the helm of the company. What a coincidence, huh?

The Sig P series guns are (or were) pretty much a gold standard there for a while. Mr. Cohen is "fixing" that...

-- Sam

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":2xydqqql said:
Not to put words in Rev's mouth, but I think he was talking about the Sig 1911. Yes, they decided they had to make one a few years ago, right after the great and wonderful Ron Cohen of Kimber fame took over the helm of the company. What a coincidence, huh?

The Sig P series guns are (or were) pretty much a gold standard there for a while. Mr. Cohen is "fixing" that...

-- Sam

Correct YS !! I WAS referring to the Sig 1911's. I love Sigs, primarily from an accuracy point of view, as ergonomically I think the CZ75 is a better platform for 9MM. THe Sig 1911's aren't bad guns, it's just that they're not GREAT guns.

REV

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
I dunno.... does anybody else think that the signature & all that scrolly stuff looks like it belongs on a box of feminine hygiene products?:twisted:

Naaahhh... probly just me. I'll wait for the RIA edition. I'm guessing Parkerized finish with some gold lettering.

201034102017-centennial_main.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":1f02ewhs said:
Maybe if Kimber still made some that looked like this people wouldn't be so..so..Kimberphobic?

kimber-1.jpg

Nice piece Jeff !!! It's come a long way since it was just a bare frame way back when !!

The black double diamond grips are a perfect complement to that bead blasted stainless.

REV

dakota1911

Buckeye
Even if I wanted to buy more Kimbers I would take the money and look for some nice lightly used Kimber I's

halfmoonclip

Bearcat
Shouldn't a commemorative in some way (other than a very general one) replicate what it is commemorating?
If Kimber chose to call that their 'Super Duper Over-blinged 1911A1', and folks chose to buy it as such, well, okay.
But I'm having a really hard time accepting it as some historical, commemorative re-creation.
While I'm sure Colt will make some future bucks with their own commemorative, it would seem to me their current WWI 1911-dash-nothing is the right direction for them to go. They've sold a bunch of Black Armies, and stand to sell some more.
Moon