10" Ruger MKII Stainless, Barrel Loose from Frame ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

berettapistols

Blackhawk
My Buddy picked up his 2nd 10" MKII this afternoon..
This one is stainless & the whole barrel assembly is slightly loose from the frame & there is a bit of gap on the right side, The seller had a sliver of a plastic cup wedged in there so it wouldn't be noticed at the gunshow..
Other than that it appears to be in fine shape..
Just wondered if there's any way to tighten the barrel to frame by hammering the lug on the frame etc??
BTW He aquired it for $325 OTD which IMO was a great price for a discontinued MKII Target with the Rare 10" barrel..
Must have had a couple dozen people ask about it before we made it out to the car..
People are realy interested in pistols that shoot 22 rimfire because you can actualy afford to shoot them without breaking the bank..
Thanks In advance for any all replies
Gary

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Send it in to Ruger. You can't beat their warranty and service has been good to me in the past.

raw6464

Bearcat
Place the upper part of the frame in a vice (the part that the barrel rests on) and gentle squeeze the frame together. This is not an uncommon problem. Putting a wedge in the lug would only make the problem worse. There is NOTHING wrong with the gun.

bpratl

Bearcat
raw6464":8gwpqu94 said:
Place the upper part of the frame in a vice (the part that the barrel rests on) and gentle squeeze the frame together. This is not an uncommon problem. Putting a wedge in the lug would only make the problem worse. There is NOTHING wrong with the gun.

I agree 100%. My barrel was always loose and I did the above last year and it made all the difference in the world.