10 inch MK2 stainless pistol at the range yesterday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
My son, a friend and I went to the outdoor range yesterday. Son and I made it a rimfire morning, sighting in and shooting 250 rounds through my Ruger MK2 pistol and a Savage bull barrel. I had just that morning mounted an old trusted Weaver 2X pistol scope on my Ruger (had to have it drilled and tapped for factory base some years ago), and my son helped sight it in at 25 yards. With CCI MiniMag HPs, it shot from a sandbag rest dime sized groups of three.
Feeling a little spunky, son and I placed clay birds at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards against the berms. Having never shot the gun at distances greater than 35 yards or so, I wondered how and IF the birds would fall. To my amazement, son and I both were with two ranging shots at 100 yards able to clear the range consistently in a little impromptu game of "call the shot".
WOW. Just WOW.
Don

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
They are GREAT pistols, in both offerings. Gunbroker will have these at auction quite often if one were to watch that venue. My stainless now sports a scope and that combo contributes to many squirrels in the black cast iron skillet, and peanut oil, during the fall.