10/22 with a 22" barrel.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mic214

Bearcat
I just picked up a nice 10/22 rifle from an old ranch neighbor of mine. It has a stainless steel barrel, silver colored revceiver and trigger group and a 22" barrel. I know my neighbor is the original owner of this rifle. He is not really a gun person and back in 2005 or 2006 he wanted a .22 rifle for the ranch and asked me what to get. I told him to go to Big 5 and pick up a 10/22. I guess he ended up at Walmart and picked up this baby.

I put the scope on it for him and I think I have probably shot it more than he ever did! He has since sold the ranch and moved, so I hadn't seen it in a while. I aksed him the other day if he still had it and when he said yes, I struck a deal for it. I am going to use it in .22 Action Matches. I shot it today and it is a tack driver!

According to Jason from Lipsey's here on the board, these 22" barrelled rifles were made for them in both stainless and blued and sold through Walmart. Lipsey's still offers them as one of their special 10/22 models.

9x19

Hunter
Congrats!

They are known at RFC as the Wal-Mart special... you may have also noticed the receiver is marked "10/22 Rifle" instead of "10/22 Carbine". The older guns like yours (with the silver colored trigger housing) are usually very nice.

9i449j.jpg

izwzdu.jpg

mic214

Bearcat
9x19 said:
Congrats!

They are known at RFC as the Wal-Mart special... you may have also noticed the receiver is marked "10/22 Rifle" instead of "10/22 Carbine". The older guns like yours (with the silver colored trigger housing) are usually very nice.

9i449j.jpg

izwzdu.jpg

That's what I have seen them referred to as when I was looking this one up. I did notice that the receiver is marked "10/22 Rifle". Mine has the anodized aluminum trigger group, instead the of the plastic one that Ruger is producing now......

Jason at Lipsey's

Single-Sixer
AJGUNNER said:
I may be mistaken but I believe the blue barrel model is only 20 inches.

Ruger does make some 20" blue 10/22's, but the ones we do are 22". It's Ruger model 1150. Just like the stainless rifle in the pics above but in blue.

Jason

trapperon

Blackhawk
Jim--yes its a hardwood stock. Same shape, swivels and checkering as the deluxe sporter--just birch instead of walnut. I have a blued one....very nice 10/22

Ron

9x19

Hunter
Yes, shaped and checkered like the 18.5" Deluxe Sporter, but birch (or beech?) instead of walnut.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
One of my favorite 10/22's! One of the first models with Leupold base and rings topped with a stainless 4x Weaver...bad medicine for squirrels and bunnies!

mic214

Bearcat
rugerjunkie said:
One of my favorite 10/22's! One of the first models with Leupold base and rings topped with a stainless 4x Weaver...bad medicine for squirrels and bunnies!

That is a beauty!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
LGS had one recently with a $389 tag - it was clean, fired but no wear or damage anywhere I noticed. No evidence of a scope mount ever being attached.
Nice variant.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
mohavesam said:
LGS had one recently with a $389 tag - it was clean, fired but no wear or damage anywhere I noticed. No evidence of a scope mount ever being attached.
Nice variant.

Wow! These were $219 from wally world. Glad I already got one. I have a problem shelling that much out for a 10/22 unless its a target model.

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
I have both in stock,
#1149 Stainless 22" barrel. Black plastic trigger assembly like all 10/22 nowadays.
#1150 Blued 22" barrel. Same features.