10/22 w/Tiger Maple Stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wedray

Bearcat
Hello all, I bought this about 18 yrs ago, it came outta the box with the tiger maple stock. I payed $165.00 for it, what might it be worth now?

Rugger10-22TigerMaple.jpg

9x19

Hunter
There was one just like it at auction the other day... don't know if it sold or not... let me go look.

Wedray

Bearcat
Thanks.. I've never seen another one with the tiger maple stock. Is it pretty common wood for the stock and I've just missed them?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Ahhh... Back in the days when Ruger would ship their guns with very uncommon wood on a common basis. I had an amazing spalted maple (like a birds-eye pattern) out of the box once.

Unless lettered for a special run or recipient, it's an ordinary 10/22 but the wood may interest some collector-minded folks. I'd put a $280-300 sticker on it myself, but I've been known to be arbitrary in valueing my weaponry. ;)

BDM

Bearcat
That is one of the nicest stocks i have seen in a while! I have seen wood like that on some very expensive flintlocks.

bub

Single-Sixer
BEAUTIFUL stock! Especially coming from the factory! I just wish my 10/22 had come with a stock like that!

Bub

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Are you going to sell it?
If so I would hope you would post it in the classifieds
on this forum. If you decide to go the Auction route
please post that back here also. I think $300.00
is in the ball park JMHO
Nice Gun!!!
Terry

chet15

Hawkeye
That's actually the earliest maple stock 10/22 I've heard of. The previous early # I had noted was 232-54643.
Ruger using maple at the time, instead of birch, was just a matter of economics. At the time, Ruger just happened to get a good deal on a big batch of maple blanks, so used those instead.
To get one tiger striped like in the picture, was luck of the draw!
Chet15

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
Man, wish my 10/22 had that stock. It would go good with my shotgun.

IMG_0804e.jpg

Fletchman

Bearcat
The only place I have seen tiger stripe maple like that these days are on custom built Long Rifles. That appears to be the top grade of tiger stripe maple. I would keep that baby in the safe as the stock alone is worth big $$$$

Latest posts