10/22 w/Tiger Maple Stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RICHGCOOP

Single-Sixer
That is A fine peace of tiger maple. I have used A lot of it to make my M L rifles.
SANY0379.jpg

SANY0376.jpg

SANY0381.jpg

Air-cooled

Single-Sixer
CraigC said:
The color looks like walnut to me. Fiddleback figure is not exclusive to maple.

Has anyone seen tiger or fiddleback in birch? Just wondering if Ruger would go to the extra trouble of using a different wood.

drewerts

Bearcat
I have one with a tiger stripe male stock also. Serial #243-55808, purchased 1996, still NIB. It isn't quite as nice as yours, but still quite attractive.

IMG_8713_resize.jpg

IMG_8714_resize.jpg

IMG_8715_resize.jpg

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Wow...that's a cool 10/22!!!! I'd sure not sell it for $300!! Never!! I bet you a nickel...an ad in the classifieds here at $500...it would not last an hour.

Beautiful carbine!!!!

I have a Ruger with Tiger Stripe Maple...not factory wood...but I'd not let this set of grips go as they were crafted by a friend who knew what he was doing!!!

standard.jpg

Bob

Pinecone

Blackhawk
It is possible that the stock is "Flamed Yellow Birch". I have seen and worked a lot of Birch and it is very similar to the stock on your gun!...................Dick :wink:

welldoya

Single-Sixer
Air-cooled said:
A 10/22 magnum in Tiger Maple just sold on Gunbroker for $4375

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=213406395

That's because it's a 10/22 magnum and not because of the stock. There's a thread going on rimfirecentral.com that has a lot of people scratching their head. Apparently there's a guy on GB paying insane prices for 10/22 magnums that should be selling for $700 - $800.
I personally think it's some kind of scam but one poster said the guy is using the actions to build hi-end .17 caliber rifles.
It's a real mystery.
That's a nice stock you have though. Ordinarily I would say around $300 but you might find somebody who just has to have a maple stock and get as much as $400.