10/22 Trigger pin sliding out

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sgfvr

Bearcat
I have a 10/22, about 2years old and the disassembly pins now seem to want to slide out all on their own...especially the trigger pin. It will slide out partially, trigger cocks to the side and then is disabled. Any help with a fix would be greatly appreciated.

dusty3030

Bearcat
Trigger housing is aluminum or plastic, pins are steel. If you peen or stake the ends of the pins you run more chance of wallowing out their holes when / if you drive them out again.

Assuming an aluminum trigger housing what I would do is degrease the pins and pin holes. A little rubbing alchohol on a q tip would be fine. Assemble everything and hit the outboard ends of your pins with a dab of loctite blue or clear finger nail polish. Don't need much, just enough to hold. You want just a dab to wick between the ends of the pins and the housing but not so much to run down the pins inside the housing.

Now if your housing is plastic, I would use just plain Elmers white school type glue. It won't be very permanent, but it should give the pin enough resistance on each end to stay in place.

Sgfvr

Bearcat
I actually tried 1/4" x 1/2" pieces of black Gorilla (duct tape) tape and they come off after a couple weeks, and dont seem to work well any way...the pins(especially the trigger) come loose with use...and it is always in the stock...I have cleaned the pins and housing area well , it has no oil in the areas where the pins are...is their a replacement kit of pins, or am I really going to have to resort to a drop of glue?

agoetz2005

Bearcat
just use some simple blue painters tape. or hold it straight up and down when reassembling.

If the pins are falling out when it's assembled, ypur stock is hogged out too much on the inside.

slowhand

Single-Sixer
Any good tape should hold them in just fine.I use the aluminum tape and it holds up great.I even have it on the back of the receiver on one of mine to tighten up the fit in the stock.They make over sized pins,but it's ober kill to me.Just go the tape route.Slow

Latest posts