10/22 tactical???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

maxpress

Buckeye
front page of rugers website is the new bull barrel rubber stock 10/22 and they are calling it a tactical.
i think its a cool rifle but i wouldnt outfit a swat team with it. or give it to our troops.

maybe they should call it a 10/22 varmit or target or something. :roll:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Naw...

"Tactical" still means something. It delineates the folks who have desire, but undoubtedly have never used "tactics" in an anti-personnel situation.

A tactical 22rimfire has to be an oxymoron of the first degree!

9x19

Hunter
That might all depend on what "tactics" the situation dictates... Nutria population control... wild dog hunting... maybe even the elimination of toddler-zombies! :D

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73":2qkqcpce said:
"Tactical" has lost all it's meaning now. The title has been given to anything black. Just a catch-phrase now used for marketing purposes.

Yep. I've even got a "tactical" muzzle-loader. :wink:

100_0035.jpg

maxpress

Buckeye
i do have to admit that from 8-16 my "home deffense" gun would have been a 10/22 with 2 25rd hotlips magazines back to back. both parents worked so i was alone most of the time. i figured anyone that could make it through the stairwell under that barrage of fire was to tuff to take down anyway.

wwb

Hunter
mohavesam":134ciyms said:
........A tactical 22rimfire has to be an oxymoron of the first degree!........

Amen! Probably be a big seller to the "mall ninja" crowd.

eyedawg2020

Bearcat
I personally am waiting for the quad rail version with veritcal foregrip and light/laser combo. :wink:

9x19

Hunter
wwb":2vlkbwly said:
mohavesam":2vlkbwly said:
........A tactical 22rimfire has to be an oxymoron of the first degree!........

Amen! Probably be a big seller to the "mall ninja" crowd.

eyedawg2020":2vlkbwly said:
I personally am waiting for the quad rail version with veritcal foregrip and light/laser combo. :wink:

So.... Snake45 has already signed you two up?! :shock:

He's certainly efficient! :lol:

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
I'm glad I checked out the rimfire section of the forum. It's amusing to see the jousting between the stock 10/22 guys and the modified 10/22 guys. I have both and I enjoy both. You see, I'm a 10/22 guy through and through. And, if the factory offering a 10/22 black gun or a phony AR-15 10/22 makes more Ruger owners, I'm happy. 8)

Tactical requires a certain or minimum caliber? The .22lr can be used as a tactical firearm in a given situation. (the suppressed 10/22s used by some militaries come to mind). No different than a .223 or .308 being inadequate for some situations where a .50 is required. Gotta match the firearm to the purpose.
I do agree that simply tagging something as "tactical" doesn't necessarily make it so.

CraigC

Hawkeye
As someone who participates regularly in the "tactical 10/22" section on RFC, I have heard a truckload of bellyaching over the use of the term "tactical" relative to the .22LR. I have yet to actually hear somebody offer an alternate term for this style of rifle that doesn't conjure insults and references to mall ninjas.

Far as I can tell, "tactical" is not a word that was invented for the AR-15 and "tactics" have been around as long as men have been killing one another.

Well for all the 'tactical' work and practice most of us do, the 22lr sure is a lot cheaper these days to shoot. As I've mentioned, I've got a friend who has a legally modified 10/22 that puts out about 1100 rounds a minute... with a 25 round mag. it sounds like a little buzz saw for about 3 seconds when you pull the trigger. The advantage is you can almost hit what you are aiming at with it as compared to 9mm or more.

I know it will insult some, but tachticool is just play for most of us... regardless of the weapon.. ARs are the Barbi Doll of the gun world and the 10/22 is her little sister Skipper.

At least until we start being attacked by hoards of mongrel commie squirrels.

9x19

Hunter
blume357":35x07ist said:
Well for all the 'tactical' work and practice most of us do, the 22lr sure is a lot cheaper these days to shoot. As I've mentioned, I've got a friend who has a legally modified 10/22 that puts out about 1100 rounds a minute... with a 25 round mag. it sounds like a little buzz saw for about 3 seconds when you pull the trigger. The advantage is you can almost hit what you are aiming at with it as compared to 9mm or more.

I know it will insult some, but tachticool is just play for most of us... regardless of the weapon.. ARs are the Barbi Doll of the gun world and the 10/22 is her little sister Skipper.

At least until we start being attacked by hoards of mongrel commie squirrels.

I'm guessing blume had a lot of sisters growing up... or else he has a lot of daughters... I've only got sons, so I sure as heck didn't know Barbie's little sister's name!!!! :lol:

I had to look it up 9x19... I've been defining the 10/22 as the little sister to the AR for a while and the AR as the Barbie Doll of guns for just as long.

No sisters when I was growing up and no daughters... but to be honest I did have 3 girl cousins and we played dress up and dolls a whole lot. My parents gave me a box of pictures from my child hood a few years back and this one is perfect:

babydollgun.jpg

I titled it: "Stick 'em up or I'll whop you with my baby doll!"