10/22-T trigger group

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
A couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to get a free/extra 10/22 trigger group that I was going to play with on my 10/22 Target (heavy barrel) rifle. The 'donor' trigger group was completely stock, as is my rifle, it did NOT fit. The holes for the pins were not an exact match. Now, that I think about it, I was wondering if anyone might know WHY...???
Any help appreciated.

J.

NikA

Buckeye
I have a 10/22T for which I ordered an aftermarket trigger group (VQ, maybe). It did drop in but it wasn't an easy fit. I think the pin tolerances on the target models might be just a hair tighter than standard production.

Johnnu2

Hunter
That's a great assumption NikA.... never thought of that.

I had Brimstone do their 'top tier' package to my factory trigger assembly; it feels fabulous to me...I also took the time and patience and glass-bedded my action and first 6 inches of barrel. Came out good even though there is a known and significant 'cant' to many 10/22 barrels....

At 25 yds. that big barrel shoots 10 shot groups that I can always cover with a dime. My gun definitely prefers Federal Auto Match (40 gr). ammo.

J.