10/22 Ruger trigger upgrade available.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pyth0n

Buckeye
I put one in my 1022 Magnum. I bought mine in 99, s/n shows it was made in 99 also. Trigger was terrible. I had a local smith work it over, but was never really satisfied with it and it sat in the safe until Ruger announced the BX. I figured, what the hey and bought one at my lgs for $75 out the door. Easy install and works great. Haven't measured the trigger weight but I'd say it's no more than 3 lbs. No mods or parts to swap to install it in the Magnum. Also installed the Volquartsen bolt lock. At the range it was fun to shoot and I went through 200 rnds without a hitch.

bentblade

Single-Sixer
OK
Now that we you all pretty much have one of these triggers, including myself, doesn't it kind of piss you off that these are not on current production guns? I mean really what could the cost difference be between the old triggers and this one to produce?
I can see upgrading an older gun but anything coming off the line now should have this trigger in it.

David_L6

Bearcat
I guess this is OK but if I buy another 10/22 I'll probably just take the trigger group to Clark Custom Guns and have them do the same to it that they have done for me in the past. Cost is about the same as this new trigger group from Ruger.

pyth0n

Buckeye
bentblade said:
OK
Now that we you all pretty much have one of these triggers, including myself, doesn't it kind of piss you off that these are not on current production guns? I mean really what could the cost difference be between the old triggers and this one to produce?
I can see upgrading an older gun but anything coming off the line now should have this trigger in it.
Yeah, we kind of expessed that in another post on the same subject. Different company policy now regarding lighter triggers maybe? Money making upgrade? Just a swag.

pyth0n said:
bentblade said:
OK
Yeah, we kind of expessed that in another post on the same subject. Different company policy now regarding lighter triggers maybe? Money making upgrade? Just a swag.

I'm kind of hoping that maybe Ruger is using up their "old" triggers, and they will eventually be putting the BX-trigger into new production firearms.

Naive? Yeah, probably... :p

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
Well, I purchased another BX trigger for the second of two 10-22 takedowns I have. I would not want to tell ruger what to do...after all its their company, but maybe give people a choice of triggers...I am sure the new ones are fine, especially for the price compared to the other very expensive trigger groups out there, but I had no issue with the old ones either...they worked fine for what I was doing and I saw no reason to spend 249.00us on a new one. I was going to fire a new trigger next to an old one...but changed them both out...what's the compared feeling on these...by the way anyone need a trigger group...I have three extras...:)))

mac23

Bearcat
Is Ruger's new trigger all metal? What about Tony Kidds', is it all metal?

Yiddil

Single-Sixer
Well I finally shot with that BX trigger yesterday and found it a pretty sweet trigger for the money, compared to the standards...well I liked um both...I dont see a down side either way.

cowboy1

Single-Sixer
Yiddil said:
Midways got um at great sales price of 69 and change ..got another for the custom sportier takedown this time?..spring is going to be cool...if ammo loosens up))))
Midway outta' stock, don't know when they will get re-supplied.

Latest posts