10/22 RSI International in .22 magnum???????????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
I hope this doesn't violate any forum rules but, if so, feel free to delete. I'm aware of the 10 22 International (got 2) and the standard stocked 10 22 magnum produced in the late 90's to about 2006 (got one) and also aware of the 77 22 magnum RSI International (I want one) produced for Talo I believe, around 2012/2014 but never heard of a 10 22 international in .22 mag. If this is legit and a special run, it must be very rare or did someone possibly cobble this together? Check the link below for one being offered for sale (I'm not interested) and then school me.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/rifles/ruger-rifles-10/22/ruger-10-22-international-22-wmr-r25284-.cfm?gun_id=101297190

k2nd

Single-Sixer
Hipshot, I don't believe it is a real international. If you look at your 10/22Mag at the rear of the receiver where it meets the stock it's a nice smooth transition. The one you posted a link about, if you look at that receiver/ stock junction there is a significant step. I believe someone has taken a birch 22LR stock and fitted it to the mag. Just compare the action sizes between your LR and Mag and you will see the Mag is taller.
k2nd

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
k2nd said:
Hipshot, I don't believe it is a real international. If you look at your 10/22Mag at the rear of the receiver where it meets the stock it's a nice smooth transition. The one you posted a link about, if you look at that receiver/ stock junction there is a significant step. I believe someone has taken a birch 22LR stock and fitted it to the mag. Just compare the action sizes between your LR and Mag and you will see the Mag is taller.
k2nd

k2nd,
Prior to posting, I did exactly what you suggested and did notice the difference but didn't want to come off as a know-it-all and flat out call it a hybrid that someone put together. Thanks for your insight and confirming what I questioned.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Bet it made your heart flutter for a bit,,, :wink: :D

Radical Rod once said that "some times we see what we want to see until we take a better look" :wink: :wink:
Terry

Terry, you got that right,,,besides if there ever was one, your "buddy" would have stopped by my table and showed it to me... 8) :roll: :wink:

I think he has MORE 10/22s, than 10/22 Charlie..... :)

NO, the "buddy" was NOT a reference to the 'Radical One',but a mutual friend of Terrys and mine who comes to the local shows here in OHio and he loves to get into the various 10/22s , especially the ones with the "carved" stocks, Terry knows just who I mean :roll: :wink: