10-22 International

Help Support Ruger Forum:

At the show today, a fella was cruising throught the show. He stopped at my table and asked if I bought guns. I said sometimes, and asked what he had. He took a rifle out of a case and it was a 10-22 International, stainless, with a grey/laminate stock. I bought it....... How common are these in this configuration?? I don't remember seeing one. Thoughts?? :?

Dave :)

Heliman":47smw6im said:
At the show today, a fella was cruising throught the show. He stopped at my table and asked if I bought guns. I said sometimes, and asked what he had. He took a rifle out of a case and it was a 10-22 International, stainless, with a grey/laminate stock. I bought it....... How common are these in this configuration?? I don't remember seeing one. Thoughts?? :?

Dave :)

They were very common, when it was WalMart's own special exclusive. So common, that they had problems selling them. So when they discontinued them, they sold the remaining leftovers for less than the 10/22 Carbines. I'm thinking $166, or even less.

Now, as with all things discontinued, folks decided that they want them now, and the market price has doubled, or even tripled the original purchase price for NIB versions.

Hurry home!

WAYNO.

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
Like Wayno said, I remember seeing them in the display case at Wal-Mart and never thought a thing about them. Back then I was into tournament bass fishing, and never gave a thought to guns, and when I did a Ruger 10/22 was WAY down on the list.

Now I wish I'd bought a dozen of them.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
To the right person they're desireable, to others they're still just a 10/22. As always condition and completeness would dictate it's worth. I like the laminates but the RSI ones gotta be walnut IMO.

BlkHawk73":1uafua11 said:
To the right person they're desireable, to others they're still just a 10/22. As always condition and completeness would dictate it's worth. I like the laminates but the RSI ones gotta be walnut IMO.

I agree with BlkHawk73, it'll be more valuable to the "right" buyer.

I'll also disagree with him, since the stainless/grey laminate is the ONLY version of the RSI that I've ever liked at all... :p That just goes to demonstrate his point...

Just so I can lay awake at night and grumble, may I ask what you paid for it?

Uncle Howie":qad44ynm said:
BlkHawk73":qad44ynm said:

I agree with BlkHawk73, it'll be more valuable to the "right" buyer.

I'll also disagree with him, since the stainless/grey laminate is the ONLY version of the RSI that I've ever liked at all... :p That just goes to demonstrate his point...

Just so I can lay awake at night and grumble, may I ask what you paid for it?

The price was $300 with a red dot scope mounted on it. No box, about 95% fired condition. 8)

Dave :wink: