10-22 Finger Groove Sporter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mtnwinds2

Bearcat
I picked one up at a pawn shop some time ago. It has been painted by a previous owner and is missing the rear sling mount. I'm ready to clean it up and was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction to find a replacement sling mount.

Mtnwinds2

Bearcat
Thanks. I've been a member for a long time but forgot my password and had to re-register because my email also changed. I'll visit the classified.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Could not agree more with previous post. These parts and some other stock parts for the sporter stock are just impossible to find! Be it sling swivels for the sporter stock or international stock, due to short production life. You can use the newer international furniture on the vintage international stock, although the rear sling swivel is different.

You could probably locate another sporter stock, complete, easier than the various part you seek.

Best of luck.

eveled

Hawkeye
Well it's painted, so it needs to be refinished, when it is refinished, it will never be original again. So use whatever sling swivel you can find that looks decent. Any fingergroove stock is better than any of the current offerings.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
In as much as your stock is painted, you would be well advised to exercise much care in removing the paint. You may find an outstanding piece of wood. Some of the stocks have figure in them that many females would be envenious of. If you have Experience in saving older guns to include stocks, you will know what to do. If not, you can seek help here.

I have had several surprises with older Ruger rifles (10/22) in bringing life back to them. If the barrel/action are good finish wise, you may wind up with a nice piece.

hittman

Staff member
Ahhh .... finger groove Sporters are way cool! The wood can vary from one to another.

9x19

Hunter
I'm pretty sure I have a set of the loops, but not sure about the attaching hardware... I'll look later today, if someone does post a better pic of the loops that might help. :D

Mtnwinds2

Bearcat
The barrel and receiver have been painted, not the stock. Here's some pics.

Front sling mount.
front_1.jpg

Rear mount. The hole has been filled with something.
rear.jpg

Mtnwinds2

Bearcat
Many thanks to John D. who sent me an original rear sling mount and screw. He would not accept any payment and only requested that I repay the courtesy somewhere down the road. A true gentleman!

kevin masten

Blackhawk
This thread only shows that timing is everything. No matter what! I have listed in the classified with no luck what-so-ever, over and over for these swivels; nothing! And our friend lists one time and the swivel just appears. My, my. Timing. Could have been me.

Great event.

Latest posts