10/22 Eye Candy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DanTN

Bearcat
4r1oa4y.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ahhh aman after my own heart. With just 8 10/22's here I guess my wife hasn't a reason to complain. Thanks!
wink.gif
smile.gif

DanTN

Bearcat
Thanks BlkHawk, These guns in the photo are 99%+, most unfired with the boxes. I have several of the variants, over 30 at last count. What can I say, I just love 10/22's!......and they made sooooo many variants it is hard to pass on one you do not own when you run across it. Someone please enlighten me about the T/TS in Stainless. According to Ruger, they say that the gun was never made in that configuration (K10-22T/TS). I was told by a Ruger rep at the Shot Show that Mr. Ruger himself stopped production of this gun and gave all the remaining RUGER engraved stocks to employees, she told me she owned one. The receiver/barrel code matches the same production year. I believe this to be a one-of-a-kind factory employee gun, but how would one prove it? Anyone else own a T/TS in Stainless?
Regards, Dan

[This message has been edited by DanTN (edited 04-29-2007).]

[This message has been edited by DanTN (edited 04-29-2007).]

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Dan NICE bunch of 10/22's.....I own a few old shooters and have a couple of the new ones like yours.....I hope you don't live on a DAIRY FARM as I hear that may cause an uncontrollable desire to buy unbelievably nice 10/22's......just ask Ruger66.....see ya RR.

chet15

Hawkeye
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DanTN:
<B> Someone please enlighten me about the T/TS in Stainless. According to Ruger, they say that the gun was never made in that configuration (K10-22T/TS). I was told by a Ruger rep at the Shot Show that Mr. Ruger himself stopped production of this gun and gave all the remaining RUGER engraved stocks to employees, she told me she owned one. The receiver/barrel code matches the same production year. I believe this to be a one-of-a-kind factory employee gun, but how would one prove it? Anyone else own a T/TS in Stainless?
Regards, Dan
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's what I have about the standard blue model T/TS (I have not heard of a stainless one):
10/22T-TS. Has two-tone Fajen "Thumbhole Silhouette" stock with "RUGER" inletted in large letters within the cutout of the buttstock. Known s/n range 246-86224 to 246-86729 and 248-47836 to 248-71627. Slightly less than 700 produced. A very scarce and interesting variation.

The one thing you will want to do however, in order for your gun to have legitimacy in the eyes of a collector, is to see if Ruger will actually letter your 10/22 as a K10/22-T/TS. The reason I say that is that, even if it is known that it came from the factory that way, without some kind of provenance (WBR owned it) or some sort of proof like a factory letter authenticating it (which is really the ultimate authentication), it would not be a recognized variant in most of the eyes of the collector circle. There are just too many one-of-a-kind Rugers out there that are not letterable...most of which have been customized after they left the factory.
Chet15

DanTN

Bearcat
Thank you Chet, The T/TS stainless serial is 246-58xxx and the blue one is 248-60xxx which does fall into the serial range. I suppose the stainless will just have to be a shooter as it is very unlikely Ruger would certify it. They are beautiful 10/22's. Any serious 10/22 collector should have one!
Regards, Dan
5yuif7p.jpg

[This message has been edited by DanTN (edited 05-01-2007).]

G

Hey Dan, What is #6 from the left? Is that a red or brown colored stock? I have one of every laminated one made from 1986 through 1999. I have 2 Laminated D guns which are both the Target model. One blue and the other is stainless. I have one * Laminated carbine and a special Red laminated that the Factory made special and gave to me that has a factory jeweled bolt with a Ruger sling.I also have most of the older ones but not as many or as nice as some of Ruger66 has. Some day I will take the time to figure out how to post pictures and share them with everyone

------------------
Charles Davis
NRA & NAHC Life member
10/22 Collector
NRA pistol and Personal Protection Inst.

firecaptain

Single-Sixer
DanTN
Who makes those stocks? Are they Revival stocks? Where did you get the lazer engraving? They look great.

DanTN

Bearcat
Let's see....Bearcat, the TNZ has been fired (but not by me) so I cannot wait to put some optics on it and see what she will do. The factory two stage target trigger is fantastic breaking at about 2 1/2 lbs and the rifle just feels great when you shoulder it.....Charlie, #6 from the left is the new limited 2007 Jakaraza(sp?)Model......Ruger66, I am with you, I like the older models in mint condition. The International is in the 63xxx and the Fingergroove Sporter is in the 80xxx range to the best of my memory. I am at a motel room and cannot look at them at the moment......firecapt, those are Ruger factory stocks from the rare Model 10/22 T/TS.
Thanks all, Dan

DanTN

Bearcat
Mr Ruger66, Please take a look at this beauty. All the markings are gold inlay and the stock is fabulous with a few nicks (except the checkering job, which appears to have been done at a later time). I could not pass on this kind of wood on a 40 year old gun.
Regards, Dan

4mkm03s.jpg

4mahxd3.jpg

4potpc2.jpg

53adv0y.jpg

DanTN

Bearcat
Ya gotta love that beautiful 40 year old wood! I wanna know about that background. My wife would like to know if that is a crochet pattern or what?
Thanks, Dan

[This message has been edited by DanTN (edited 05-11-2007).]

A

Anonymous

I have a new unfired 10/22 T/TS if anyone is interested. Again, these are pretty rare.

Jon

Latest posts