10/22 30 Round Magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wildturk

Single-Sixer
What's your opinion on the best 30 round 10/22 magazines. I know metal lips are something to consider. I have a few "Eagle 2230's" tht I'm not to impressed with, sometimes they work, sometimes not so good.

Brother_Love

Single-Sixer
I have 2 of the Tactical Solutions 25 rd mags. I have shot "1000's" of rounds through them with one FTF. It was Remington "Thunder something" ammo that would not shoot in anything well. Malcolm

Snake45

Hawkeye
I have eight Butler Creek Steel Lips. Seven of them work great--function 100%. The other one (bought just last week) bobbles once in a while--it seems a little stiffer than the others and the spring might need to be broken in a bit.

I like the BC Steel Lips a lot. Just got the speed-loader thingie for them and that works pretty good too. It's fun to load up 200 rounds, get into a good sitting position and blast them all off without further interruption.

I haven't had such good luck with other brands, such as Eaton, Ram-Line, and the Butler Creek Hot Lips. They work okay sometimes but they don't have the factory-type ejector built into the left lip like the BC Steel Lips do. That makes all the difference.

9x19

Hunter
Tactical Solutions are the best IMO, as they offer the ability to open them and clean the powder residue and other stuff from the insides. Their composite mags are on sale right now and a very good value.

I have 3 of the Butler Creek Steel lips and they work great. I think they were a little problematic at first at least one of them was, but smoothed out after a while. All 3 of mine are the smoke / charcoal color and what gripes me is apparently they don't make them in this color anymore only the tacky (in my opinion) clear plastic. I would like to get just one more.

geroge12go

Bearcat
9x19":3q5q47jn said:
Tactical Solutions are the best IMO, as they offer the ability to open them and clean the powder residue and other stuff from the insides. Their composite mags are on sale right now and a very good value.

They are the best Hi-cap mags available for the 10/22. Being able to open them up is a god send. as well as the fact the aluminum alloy mags will last the life of your rifle, unlike the plastic Butlercreeks, Ramlines & Eagle mags. the Downside is they cost twice as much as the BC's but the investment is well worth it. Butler creek steel lips would be my second choice. But I stay away form Ramline, and eagle mags as all my experiance with them is negative.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
I bought some of these recently and they work really well.

p_100004432_1.jpg

Go to: BDM 10/22 Mag

:mrgreen:

9x19

Hunter
geroge12go":gefkmmz8 said:
9x19":gefkmmz8 said:

They are the best Hi-cap mags available for the 10/22. Being able to open them up is a god send. as well as the fact the aluminum alloy mags will last the life of your rifle, unlike the plastic Butlercreeks, Ramlines & Eagle mags. the Downside is they cost twice as much as the BC's but the investment is well worth it. Butler creek steel lips would be my second choice. But I stay away form Ramline, and eagle mags as all my experiance with them is negative.

The Tactical Innovations Composite mags offer all the same advantages of the aluminum mags at about half the price... I have both and they all perform equally in my guns.

9x19

Hunter
The polycarb mags are simliar to the HotLips mags, glued together, synthetic feed lips, and not adjustable. I haven't tried them, but I do have some Hot Lips mags and they can be quite good, or quite bad... and there's not much you can do once they get dirty inside.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Chris1":rsz3tfmu said:
http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-polycarb-adjustable-magazinebr-ruger-1022-p-1131.html

What about these? They are the tactical solutions polycarb mags. they are on sale right now for 17.99. Not sure what makes them inferior to the other kinds or how reliable they will be over time. anyone with experience on these?
Can't tell for sure from the pic, but it doesn't look like it has the ejector built into the left feed lip, like the Ruger factory mag and the Butler Creek Steel Lips. I wouldn't own a 10/22 mag that didn't have that. Had too many stovepipes with the other kind.

stubbfarmer

Single-Sixer
The description says that the polycarbonate can be disassembled and adjusted just like the aluminum and composite magazines. The difference is the feed lips are not steel.