1-V 7mm Rem Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I already own one of these with a 130 prefix. I have the opportunity to acquire another with a SN of 131-27xxx. Some basic research tells me that this is about the SN range where the 1-V in 7mm Mag, was near the end of being a standard catalog item. I haven't seen it yet, but probably tomorrow sometime.

If this hasn't been cataloged for over 30 years, where is it on the value/desirability scale? I would guess myself, that it would run into the $700+ price range. This is the ballpark figure that the owner wants.

Any opinions or suggestions out there? Could use a little advice on this one....

Thanks,
Dave :)

picketpin

Buckeye
Dave: Yeah, I would put it in the $700 - $750 range.

Of the rarer cataloged "V"s say the 22PPC, 6mm PPC, 243, 280 Rem, 7mm Mag and 300 Win Mag. I think the 7mm Mag is the easiest to find and therefore has the lowest "value" That one on GB with killer wood, 200 Year, Peddled pad and box etc still hasn't magaed to get past $1000 in what, 4 months???

I bought one off a guy over in Oregon for $550 a while back but I considered that a bargain and the guy hadn't used it in about 30 years.

He just wanted his money back out of it and wasn't a "collector". It isn't a bad one but it also is nothing special other than being a 7mm Mag "V".

To quote the seller "IT's just too damned heavy to elk hunt with".

The best

Ross

picketpin

Buckeye
Might see you there predicated on weather. I was trying to put together a display of non prefix #1s but ran out of time.

Now I just want to make the show. First One in years for me. IT's all weather for me. Too cold and snowing and nobody is driving out to town. Too wet and muddy and the same thing. Right now we are doing cold days with colder nights and no snow. So the road is frozen hard daylight to dark and getting out would be fine. In fact the Mrs just left headed back for town. She brought Elijah out and spent the holidays and opened his presents. Headed home so he can spend a bit of time with his other gandpparents before school starts again.

Hope to see you there.

Ross