1 Tight Cylinder Ruger Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HB3

Bearcat
just Joined the forum searching some one to help me out. Saw Doug Guy's name come up with good recommendations. I have a new to me Ruger Bisley Stainless 357 Blackhawk. One of the cylinders is so tight I can't push a new Hornady 158 grain XTP through it, the other 5 cylinders, no problem. Will mainly run cast but maybe a few XTP's. I have larger calibers I would hunt with. Having trouble messaging Doug, read must have 1 post before I can use that option. Not sure how this process works, do you send gun in or just cylinder?
was going to start load development but figured should get this fixed before waisting components.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
When you message him, you want to say you have one tight CHAMBER not cylinder. You would only send the cylinder.

Have you examined the tight chamber with good light and magnification? There might just be a burr that you can remove.

HB3

Bearcat
Good idea, never even thought about a burr. Will take a look. Went ahead and shot it some with moderate loads. Just didn't want to waste a bunch of time building a load in my ransom rest then have to redo everything. The othe 2 Super Blackhawks I have in 41 and 44 seem consistent although the 44 will need oversized cast bullets to be ideal. They put everything in 1 hole at 25 with H110 and XTP's

Here is 41 with Hornady factory load
1671835382451.png

woodperson

Single-Sixer
Thank you for posting the pictures. I have never seen a revolver group that small. I wondered what the limits of a .41 might be. You must be about there. I also wondered what a Ransom Rest would do. It must be about perfect?