#1 RSI box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I recently purchased a #1RSI and today got the original box from the previous owner. I noticed on the end flap that it doesn't designate it as an RSI, but rather a #1A2. Was this a "transition" box? Just curious........

Dave

1box002.jpg

1box001.jpg

picketpin

Buckeye
It looks like an "I" rather than a 2 to me.

They probably just decided to use existing boxes so as to not waste anything.

Probably not till they NEEDED to print the next style of boxes did the change the end printing.

That would be my guess.

Ross

picketpin":3cwhvbr4 said:
It looks like an "I" rather than a 2 to me.

They probably just decided to use existing boxes so as to not waste anything.

Probably not till they NEEDED to print the next style of boxes did the change the end printing.

That would be my guess.

Ross

I think you are right, Ross. It is an "I", for International, I assume. Good eye!

Dave :oops:

picketpin

Buckeye
Dave: I went out in the gun room and took a look at some boxes.

I have a bunch of boxes and though none are specificaly for a RSI there are some from that time period.

Here's what I found 132-16480 come with a 300 Win Mag "V" but the end marking has the configurations through "A" but no mention of the RSI.

132-52667 came with a 280 "B" but is marked for the configurations INCLUDING "AI" in addition to the "A" marking. It is printed on the end label.

132-96761 came with a 338 "S" rifle. The end lablel is printed for the configurations including "A" but instead of "AI" it actually has "RSI" printed on the box.

Hope that helps

the best

Ross

TBear77

Single-Sixer
Just to add to Ross' info:

132-70980 came with a 223 "V" but is marked for the configurations INCLUDING "AI" in addition to the "A" marking. It is printed on the end label.

Ted

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
While rummaging around last night, I noticed that my RSI box (132-684XX) also has the "AI" printed on it. My 1A 357 Mag box (132-465XX) only has the "A" designation.

picketpin

Buckeye
So, as they aren't really made or shipped in actual order we have:

RSI shipped in boxes labeld "A" and the "I" added with a felt marked at or near 132-50xxx

Somewhere about there they started printing "AI" on the actual box.

Somewhere between 132-70xxx and 132 -90xxx or so they changed the "AI" to actually include "RSI" on the label.

Seem right???

Gee I thought everybody kept/collected #1 boxes. ;-)

Ross