#1 RSI 7x57

Help Support Ruger Forum:

While I was camping over the holiday weekend, a friend of mine was doing a gunshow in Redmon, OR. Knowing my weakness for certain #1 rifles, he worked a trade for a #1 RSI 7x57. He brought it with him to work today and MADE me take it off his hands. I paid more than I wanted to, but I HAD to have it. I gave $750 for the rifle with a Leupold Vari-X II 3x9x40 scope. At any rate, I look forward for range time to see how it shoots. If it shoots as well as my #1 AB in 7x57, I will be happy. Based on SN info from Ruger it is approximately 1985 production. :)
RSI002.jpg

RSI003.jpg

RSI004.jpg

RSI005.jpg

Dave :wink:

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
You did well. I just sold a red pad, #1 RSI in 7x57 without rings or scope for $900. Granted, it had a nice stick of wood on it, but I think you made a good buy.

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
You should feel terrrible about that! :lol:
With the scope and offset rings, you did pretty well I'd say. It's funny, most of the early RSIs have very plain (pleasing, but straight grain) wood on them, but the more recent ones seem to be stocked better. Both of my mid-80's ones have no figure, but the color is nice and there is a little bit of contrasting grain.

63November

Single-Sixer
Heliman":2ntm75a4 said:
I paid more than I wanted to, but I HAD to have it. I gave $750 for the rifle with a Leupold Vari-X II 3x9x40 scope.

You should have just mugged him seeing how you'd already skinned "yer smokewagon" anyhow. (A #1 in decent shape for less than $600 is a good deal.)

63November":3exhbccp said:
Heliman":3exhbccp said:
I paid more than I wanted to, but I HAD to have it. I gave $750 for the rifle with a Leupold Vari-X II 3x9x40 scope.

You should have just mugged him seeing how you'd already skinned "yer smokewagon" anyhow. (A #1 in decent shape for less than $600 is a good deal.)

My comments are pretty much tongue in cheek. I figured that would come through............... :roll:

63November

Single-Sixer
Pretty much the way I read it too.........you thief! ;) (More than you wanted to...Ha!)

I'm not really sure why I wanted to help bring the unwary up to speed; I've gotten some decent deals on my #1s. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to let that continue. "You done good."

63November":2cf0uawa said:
Pretty much the way I read it too.........you thief! ;) (More than you wanted to...Ha!)

I'm not really sure why I wanted to help bring the unwary up to speed; I've gotten some decent deals on my #1s. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to let that continue. "You done good."

Thanks! :) The only RSI #1 I wanted was a 7x57, so when my friend waved this one under my nose, I had to make a deal. I made it over the phone while he was doing a gunshow. I didn't know till yesterday morning that it had a Leupold on it. The scope has some handling marks , but seems sound. I will shoot it tomorrow afternoon and see how she does.

I will be curious to see how the accuracy compares with my #1 AB 7x57. I'm betting that it won't be quite as accurate, but we shall see.

Dave :)

I got to the range this afternoon and put the RSI through it's paces. With factory Winchester 140 gr loads, it shot Sub-MOA...barely. :wink: Probably .9". I am very happy, and it outshoots my 1-AB in the same caliber. :) It's a keeper for sure! 8)

Dave :wink:

flyinfred

Blackhawk
Wife gave me one just like that a few years ago for Christmas. Still sitting in the safe waiting on a scope and some reloading. I keep telling it "soon, soon!" I don't think it understands....... :roll:

mattsbox99

Hunter
flyinfred":1smlb6c9 said:
Wife gave me one just like that a few years ago for Christmas. Still sitting in the safe waiting on a scope and some reloading. I keep telling it "soon, soon!" I don't think it understands....... :roll:

How could you abuse it like that... I think we need to perform an intervention...

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Beautiful gun. Always thought the 7x57 should be a bolt action, but wouldn't pass on a deal like you got.

OIF2

Single-Sixer
The Boddington 7x57s will be out soon... not an RSI, but still a No 1.
Bob

vol423

Bearcat
I have a Lipsey's NO 1 in stainless and walnut in 6.5X55. I love it! I have a Leupold 2.5X scout scope on it and this scope solves the eye relief issues spendidly!

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Up here the last new one I saw was $825.
You did very well. Im looking for the exact same rifle, just would prefer the Leupy 1 3/4-6 x33 on it. :D

Latest posts