.41 magnum Flattops

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
I hope these aren't "collectible". I use mine too much. Put some venison in the freezer with it last year. (S-416N Model 0868)

Dan

flatgate

Hawkeye
Well, the s/n 100 .41 mag. I just received had this in the box.......

RugerHankLR.jpg

Kidding, just kidding...... :D

flatgate

Just tripped over this old thread, and a thought occurred to me (don't worry, I'll handle it carefully) . . .

Wonder what the chances are of finding a 48-prefix and an 87-prefix with the same following five-digit number?

And with two barrel lengths theres's four possibilities.

What a hobby!!!

:)

chet15

Hawkeye
Zero chance. Especially if they don't make any more.
The earliest known 87- prefixed .41 flattop is 87-79538 and the 48- prefix of .45/.41 Blackhawks hasn't even reached 48-60000 yet.
Chet15

danflorz

Bearcat
I seem to be asking lots about flat top Ruger's lately but I am just a bit ... the fool if in fact this is a variation of a true flat top...any help or comments much appreciated. ... The only 41 mag flat top I know of is the New Model one.

chet15

Hawkeye
They are all New Models in the .41 Mag. Flattop.
There are just a few variations of this...
When they first came out in 6-1/2", they had an 87- prefix, numbered right along with the Super Blackhawk which was a huge error by Ruger. A few of these 87- prefix 6-1/2's also do not have a barrel rollmark.
Then Ruger made 5 of the 4-5/8" barrel, also with 87- prefix before they discovered their error and decided to give them a 48- prefix, the same as the .41 Mag. Blackhawk.
Chet15

smith1961

Blackhawk
Well, I got a line on a 4 & 5/8ths Serial#48- with no roll-mark. It has been fired, but otherwise mint. Can't decide whether to jump for $600+????
IS it worth it???? :shock:

mat523

Single-Sixer
smith1961 said:
Well, I got a line on a 4 & 5/8ths Serial#48- with no roll-mark. It has been fired, but otherwise mint. Can't decide whether to jump for $600+????

I guess that would depend on whether you are planning on keeping the gun or trying to "flip" it. If you are comfortable with the price, and it makes you happy, buy it. Don't worry about whether or not someone gets a better deal. oh crap, take that back, I just sounded like a car salesman.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
smith1961 said:

Sir,
Welcome to the forum.

I have one of the 12 known 6 1/2" New Model Flat Tops in .41 Mag with out a Roll Mark on the barrel, so I as a collector would be interested in a 4 5/8" gun with the missing Roll Mark.
But I also have a .41 Mag 6 1/2" NM/FT with the Roll Mark almost entirely covered by the ejector rod housing, you have to remove it to see the RM.
You might want to take a closer look to make sure there is no RM under the EJRH.

If it has been shot but (L.N.I.B.) well taken care of and has the rest of the package then I would think $600.00 would be about the max for a collector, a shooter could care less if it has a Roll Mark or not so their idea of value would be different than mine!

Just my opinion which cost you nothing and is worth nothing.... :wink: If you buy it please post some pictures.

Terry

smith1961

Blackhawk
T.A. WORKMAN said:
smith1961 said:

Sir,
Welcome to the forum.

I have one of the 12 known 6 1/2" New Model Flat Tops in .41 Mag with out a Roll Mark on the barrel, so I as a collector would be interested in a 4 5/8" gun with the missing Roll Mark.
But I also have a .41 Mag 6 1/2" NM/FT with the Roll Mark almost entirely covered by the ejector rod housing, you have to remove it to see the RM.
You might want to take a closer look to make sure there is no RM under the EJRH.

If it has been shot but (L.N.I.B.) well taken care of and has the rest of the package then I would think $600.00 would be about the max for a collector, a shooter could care less if it has a Roll Mark or not so their idea of value would be different than mine!

Just my opinion which cost you nothing and is worth nothing.... :wink: If you buy it please post some pictures.

Terry

Terry,

I DID buy it. It does have the roll mark down under the ejector rod. I am super happy with this gun. It has a pair of CL Oregon Mrytlewood grips and originals. Will pm you or e-mail you pic if still curious.....

Woody :)

chet15

Hawkeye
Now that Ruger has switched to a 38- prefix on all of their Blackhawks...I wonder if there have been any new-made .41 Flattops and if they do have a 38- prefix.
Sent a couple emails off to Williams Shooters Supply but haven't heard back yet.
Chet15

Man, you talk about perseverance . . .this thing has been relisted eleven more times, with zero bids.

To date . . . http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/723261609

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Edited 4/9/18 to add: it has been deleted from the site. Guess he gave up or relisted later as a new offering.

:mrgreen:

smith1961

Blackhawk
Here's a couple more, so they're on the market

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797903581

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796975540