Subscribe to the Red Eagle News Exchange

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
By popular demand, here is a sticky with info for subscribing to RENE.

What is RENE? The Red Eagle News Exchange (RENE) is a quarterly Ruger collector & enthusiast's newletter with the latest information on Ruger firearms, member articles, new Ruger variations & discoveries, selected recent auction results, classified ads & announcements, etc. New members also get a complimentary copy of the Reference of Ruger Firearms, which has a HUGE amount of detail on models, variations, production numbers, timelines, etc. Updates to the Reference are made every few years and available for low prices, but your first one is free with membership. You also get a Ruger collector's price guide, updated more or less once per year, compiled by surveying a number of collectors across the country and Canada - and you too can participate in the value survey. Believe me, the Reference and price guide are worth the membership fee all by themselves - an incredibly valuable resource. Don't let the "Red Eagle" name fool you, RENE is for ALL Ruger collectors and enthusiasts with information covering revolvers, pistols, rifles, shotguns, memorabilia, etc.

Who is RENE? RENE is owned and operated by Ruger Forum member chet15.

How can I join RENE? Contact chet15 with a PM or email him at [email protected]. Or write to:

Red Eagle News Exchange
1945 Clover Av.
Perry, IA 50220

I won't quote the membership fee as it may be subject to change, but it is on the order of a case of decent beer and lasts longer!

RENE is not affiliated with Sturm, Ruger, & Co.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Best Money a Ruger Fan can spend! I highly recommend that any or all Sturm, Ruger & Co. firearms aficionado's subscribe. The data is Paramount to really knowing what's what!

Type 1 .44 Flattop vs. a Type 2? How about a Flatbolt M77? What's a RSSE?

It goes on and on and on.......

flatgate

hittman

Staff member
Here's a copy and paste from the original post. You'll have to check that out with the owner, member chet15.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RENE is owned and operated by Ruger Forum member chet15.

How can I join RENE? Contact chet15 with a PM or email him at [email protected]. Or write to:

Red Eagle News Exchange
1945 Clover Av.
Perry, IA 50220

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well that is more than reasonable...i just emailed him myself....this is must know info for anyone with a Ruger...thank you for the great information....God Bless,John

jmol50

Single-Sixer
I know this is an old thread but I just PM'd chet to join. Figured I'd post here to bump it up and let any other new people see it.

hittman

Staff member
Good call! I don't know how anybody even remotely interested in learning about Rugers can live without it. A great investment.

This the single best source of Ruger information on all models. Be sure to get the reference guide as well; it's PACKED with all the technical variables that make up the variations. This is FAR BETTER than any other reference you can buy. Can't emphasise enough how all serious (and casual) collectors NEED this.

Besides the intelligence of joining, be sure to get the reference guide as well. It is REALLY worth its weight in gold. You will have no regrets and you'll be amazed at what you didn't know.