Suppressed pump action 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Text below is from the thread. Link at bottom with pics. This is not mine.

Description: I made a thing! my suppressed MKIV is very quiet, but not as quiet as a bolt action 22lr. so I made a pump kit for my MKIV to keep the bolt closed during firing and keep all the gas going into the suppressor. inspired by CCM paintball guns and Booligan, this little guy is much more stable and faster than I expected it to be. and hilariously quiet. if you've ever shot a subsonic suppressed bolt action 22lr, then you understand why this gun is so much fun. Still very much a prototype in beta

https://www.reddit.com/r/gunsmithing/comments/sc4zdg/pump_action_ruger_mkiv_2245_in_22lr/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Why bother. Just hold the bolt closed with your thumb.
YES, this works. It is easier when using sub-sonic ammo but even my geriatric thumb strength is sufficient.
The suppressed High Standard HDM that I had access to back in the 'long ago and far away' had been modified to hold the bolt closed. Those had a bolt locking safety so the actual safety mechanism was modified to only hold the bolt closed. The external hammer had a half-cock notch which served as the only safety. Though a bit bulky, that was an awesome piece of equipment--very much like the considerably modified 4" 22/45 I currently use.

diyj98

Single-Sixer
The thumb will work, but I give you points for the coolness factor for sure!