Auction Surprise

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I bought this at an auction for an o.k. price, it looked good in all the pictures. Only after I received it, I noticed the chamfered chambers. I will clean the gun thoroughly, fit a Ronnie Wells brass grip frame and a nice pair of walnut grips. I am still good with it, but can someone guess why it would be such a good idea to chamfer the chambers? I can't imagine that it enhances speed reloading much, there are other more effective ways to do that.
BTW: The chamber to bore alignment is excellent.
[/

Seminole Wind

Bearcat
Looks like the chambers may have been polished with a flexi hone so that empty cases fall out easily.

I fixed the base pin lock and cleaned it today. I put 28 rds through before it got too cold outside.

Now don't tell me that you see muzzle burn on the target! :roll:

I can't make out the angle of the cut in that photo but it looks pretty shallow?? That looks like a "straight" cut not a radius.
I have heard of people applying a radius to the chambers so as not to shave bits of lead when loading single actions quickly.
Mostly think of chamfered cylinders on double actions for speed loaders, either 45 deg. or radius. and often not cutting the extractors just blend the tips.