Redneck mag carrier

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Yeah, I'm bored today so here's my latest semi-brainstorm. If you're too cheap to buy a regular mag pouch or just want to be a little weird here's what I came up with. You can position it/them anywhere on your belt and it's very nearly undetectable, and very comfy. Depending on the size of the magazine, and the size of your waist, most folks could put 3 or 4 mags on their belt this way. I can fit 3 double stack 9mm 17rnd mags on mine. Insert the mag as shown & tighten up the zip ties snug, but not too tight. You should snip the ends off of course. And since we all carry a blade, you can cut the ties off after any action if need be. :)

tsiNhdi.jpg

That's a simple solution for mag carry. If you look at it this way, as a CCW if you don't hang out at seedy bars and avoid trouble spots. The chances of getting into a gun fight are almost zero. If you do most CCW incidents are over with a few shots and more with none. Having a reload is a proper idea, but likely never to be used. If you practice getting that mag off your belt and it works for you. I don't see a issue. It's not what I do but that does not matter.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
That's a simple solution for mag carry. If you look at it this way, as a CCW if you don't hang out at seedy bars and avoid trouble spots. The chances of getting into a gun fight are almost zero. If you do most CCW incidents are over with a few shots and more with none. Having a reload is a proper idea, but likely never to be used. If you practice getting that mag off your belt and it works for you. I don't see a issue. It's not what I do but that does not matter.
I carry an extra mag for reliability issues, not for extra rounds. Many times if your semi hiccups, your tap, rack, bang process often requires inserting a new mag! Magazines have always been a weak point on Autos (IMHO)

Same for me.... have had malefaction drills ingrained.... but one correction from my training... you don't complete the 'bang' until you have again acquired the target.... I was taught that making the tap rack bang all into your muscle memory can lead to a bad thing... probably over thinking but there should be a pause between the rack and bang.

I know it isn't recommended but as of late my spare mag often just goes in my rear left pocket... it even stays oriented correctly, usually... but to clarify this is not a big double stack magazine... but a single stack for a Sig P239 in 357 and so it really does not sit bad or stick out... I think... at least any more than my fat butt does.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
Same for me.... have had malefaction drills ingrained.... but one correction from my training... you don't complete the 'bang' until you have again acquired the target.... I was taught that making the tap rack bang all into your muscle memory can lead to a bad thing... probably over thinking but there should be a pause between the rack and bang.

I know it isn't recommended but as of late my spare mag often just goes in my rear left pocket... it even stays oriented correctly, usually... but to clarify this is not a big double stack magazine... but a single stack for a Sig P239 in 357 and so it really does not sit bad or stick out... I think... at least any more than my fat butt does.
I understand you comment on the TRB process. Assessment of target is always going on or should be, which is why you are not supposed to take your eyes off the target when you do the drill, but bring the reload up to your firearm with the Israeli tech of finger along front of the mag body, hand finding hand, to ensure a clean reload. The original Mozambique came from British SAS training, which I was able to attend as a liaison USMC Officer way back when. The "Terminal" T as it was known was the target area with Optimum shot placement being the mouth upper chin area, where round would go straight though to brain stem. Immediate Incapacitation. The use of the "double Tap" as they called it, on center mass than the final round to the Terminal T. Cooper and others took the Mozambique with its original two rds to body mass, added "Assess target", then one round to the Terminal T if needed. Cooper called it the FTS or Failure to Stop drill. In recent years they have dropped the Assessment part and use two rds to center mass and immediate shot to Terminal T as originally envisioned by the Brits.

langenc

Single-Sixer
Kinda looks like the mag holster I had made about 20 yrs ago. It slides on the belt about @ 11 and has a hole cut out
to stick your pinkie in to push the mag out of the holster.

Nice item. I had to ask quite a few makers about it for I found one to do it.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I bought mag holders from Galco & Tex Shoemaker and never looked back. They work just fine. When I'm doing my side step , tactical spec ops combat reload, after my four point Gunsite draw, i can reload with the best of them! LOL, really? Just shootem and move on!

toysoldier

Hunter
I recently sewed a vest with 8 mag pouches for my P-90. I used army green cotton duck, leather, and camo mesh. I'd like to post a photo, but am a "technical troglodite," according to my son.