3 Screw .41 mag 4 5/8" value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have a chance to buy a .41 mag 4 5/8" barrel, serial number 40_093XX. The owner said only shot 20 times, he is a friend an thinks $600 but I think more as no wear any where that I can find. He does not have the box or any paper with it. He bought it new shot it then cleaned and put in safe. There is a very faint turn ring. I don't want to cheat him as he needs the money bad. I will give min of $600 but want to pay the fair value for it. Will try for some pictures tomorrow or Friday.

Good deal, there was one at this last gun show, non prefix shorty 41 mag and it went for that.........I wanted it but he never came back, would have went well with the other 12 old models we had on the table......... 8) :roll: :wink:

The Norseman

Blackhawk
Sounds like you are being fair to your friend.
I would definitely have bought it.

I reload, so it would be in my Range Bag Rotation.

The Best to you and your Endeavors. Please give a
Range Report when you shoot it.

It sure lets arthritis in the hands know it when you touch it off with Underwood's. It jumps a lot more than my 7 1/2" in my hands. Just wish he had keep the box. I will load some lite loads to use for yote control when walking around the fence line, can't having my last horse getting out.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
I bought a very similar 3-screw three years ago for $725 and was quite glad to get it. (4-5/8" in almost new condition but w/o box nor papers) Mine replaces one I sold 30 years ago in a fit of stupidity. It's a fine shooter that I carry often in a self-made holster, and wearing a set of stocks I made up, as well. This gun wears a 4-digit serial number...a '66 production number if memory serves.

If you're satisfied with $600 to your friend, and he knows what the gun may be worth, I'd go for it. It's an unusual caliber requires handloading to feed in all reality, but condition and relative rarity affect price. Best Regards, Rod.......the stocks, BTW, I made up from spalted poplar horse fencing here on our farm!

Johnnu2

Hunter
I sold my 3-screw, 4 5/8" ser. #900 for $900 (no box or papers) about 10-15 yrs ago. Still kicking myself for letting that one go. It was probably 95%.

J. :-(

FLUndertaker

Bearcat
I just became guardian of a low 3 digit SN BKN41 in probably 95% or slightly better condition for $1250 with shipping. I'm happy with my purchase.

Latest posts