SUPER REDHAWK ALASKAN 44 MAG Information

Help Support Ruger Forum:

keybler

Bearcat
Hello, Anyone seen this hammer and trigger before, Is it after market. Ruger Redhawk Serial 530-20177

Thinking about buying this model, not sure If I want this one if the hammer and trigger are aftermarket.

XCVXPKT

https://ibb.co/XCVXPKT

NikA

Buckeye
It's factory parts that have been jewelled. Minor surface finish modification. My recollection is that jewelling doesn't go very deep, could probably polish it off with no dimensional issues. Or sell it and buy a factory set for less than you get for it.

I think there's a good chance that if you sent that gun back to The Factory they'd be glad to replace those parts with genuine, original factory parts. Might be worth a 'phone call. :wink:

no need to replace them its only "cosmetic" would polish out quite easily enough, take your time..........some folks actually like that "jeweling" ( engine turning, the old timers used to call it, did it when they got bored in the machine shop) 8) :roll:

MY dad still has tools in his machinist box from WW II when he was a tool & die maker at the tank plant, many of them are "jeweled",,,,ta daa :) RIP Joe T. :(

I have the tools needed to "jewel" metal. I get a few customers every year that want jewelling done to ceretain parts of their firearms and it does, IMO, add some pizzazz if done correctly to the right parts. Another place many like to have jewelled is the bolts of rifles. The jewelling gives oil someplace to adhere to thus helping preserve the metaland some think it helps slick up the bolt.

As Dan said, it is very easy to polish it off if you don't like the looks, fine emery paper on a known flat surface (granite surface plate or a piece of glass, nice easy movement, no need to press hard, and it will be off in a matter of minutes.