Got one of the Speed Six revolvers from Centerfire

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Teddydogno1

Single-Sixer
Last week Centerfire Systems posted a bunch of short-barrel revolvers for sale. I bought one of the 2.75" stainless Speed Six guns. Came out to right around $440.

ruger_speed_lt.jpg

ruger_speed_rt.jpg

Not sure where they came from, but supposedly a police agency. It had an ad for Century Arms, which implies importation, but I did not find an importer mark on it (or the S&W I also bought). Definitely used with rubs in common places. Wear but no chips or cracks in the stocks. Looks like a great gun! SN is 160-88xxx, so it was made around 1985. Still at the dealer in gun jail, so only the quick picks above for now.

For any S&W fans, I also bought a Model 30 in .32 S&W Long. Looks to be in good shape with some rust spots on top of the barrel and in the cylinder flutes, plus those funky pearly grips.

sw_30_lt.jpg

sw_30_rt.jpg

Rob

hittman

Staff member
Excellent value on that Speed Six! Congratulations.

That'll clean up to look just like new if you want to do that.

I use a burgundy color Scotch-Brite pad gently.

thor's daddy

Bearcat
Great deal! I'm with Hitman, slow careful work with a maroon 3M pad and oil would have that Ruger in showroom shape in short order. No joke, if you've never done it and need some help/tips/encouragement post up here. I'm sure you'll get a ton of response.

dbarale

Obsolete
I wish I had known those were available. I traded a 4" Service Six a few weeks ago and I am already regretting it. I could definitely use another short barreled Speed Six.

Teddydogno1

Single-Sixer
Sign up for their email promotions. As soon as I saw the email on Jan 2, I went to the site and quite a few were sold already. I figured I had to act quickly and jumped on the Speed Six. Then I went back and looked again and decided to also buy the S&W. AFTER I bought mine, I came over here and saw someone had mentioned them. None of them lasted long.

Rob

hittman

Staff member
Teddydogno1 said:

Great idea, thank you. I dont sign up for much stuff but this looks like something I could be interested in.

Thanks again.

In CA, if you find a Six in any configuration that you like at a price that makes any sense at all, you hang onto it because you are unlikely to find another. I have two that I love and it took me 14 years to find them.