1971 Blackhawk .45..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ozark1

Bearcat
I have a '71...45-049XX....45 mag. It is marked New Model..and is a 2 pin frame...When was the change from screws to pins ?...It seems that the 3 screw guns bring considerably more at auction. 2 that sold on GB this month brought $1300 each ???..thanks...PS..I'm looking for an Old Model .41 mag...JV......

you sure of the cylinder frame markings???? the 1971 models were 3 screw, at that serial number but you describe a serial number #46-xxxx guns, 2 pins, NO 3 screws, marked New Models and they came out in 1973???? better double check.......we have a few of the old model 45s in the boxes over here and I would LOVE to get anywhere near that kind of money....... 8) :roll: :wink:

hittman

Staff member
For that kind of money it should be OM, in box, 4 5/8 barrel, convertible and mint condition.

46-049XX would be a two-pin New Model from 1974 with a two-line frame roll-mark . . .

RUGER .45 CALIBER . . . NEW MODEL BLACKHAWK

I fear you have mis-read the prefix as 45- instead of the actual 46-.

contender

Ruger Guru
To answer the OP's question. It wasn't until 1973 that the 2 pin, New Model marked frame guns came out. I too think it MAY be possible the OP mis-read the prefix part of the serial number. There has never been a NM 2 pin gun marked gun with a 45 prefix.

ozark1

Bearcat
Thank you for the correct info. The SN is, indeed 46-xxxxx..As far as the 2 old models that sold on GB in the past 2 weeks...I was bidding on both..and both sold for over $1300..PLUS Tax and shipping...All my others are 3 screw so for an $800 difference that I paid..I can live with it...Still need an old model .41 Mag..Thanks again..I appreciated the help..j..............

contender

Ruger Guru
No problem helping you out. We do have some mighty good folks around here that try hard to make sure things are "right" for all of us. And especially for the new folks,, so "Welcome!"

OM 45's were produced for only 3 years,, AND the production numbers are below the .44 Mag Flattops. They do command a premium generally,, especially when they are in excellent shape.

Keep looking for the .41 mags. They are out there. There seems to be a bit more interest in them going on lately,, so finding one may take a bit of serious searching. Besides,, many of us who own one,, or two,, or three,, don't usually sell. :D