Federal Introduces New .30 Super Carry Ammunition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hpman66

Hunter
I like the higher capacity & lower recoil aspect of the round but I will hold off any decisions until it is as sure thing/not a flash in the pan.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/federal-introduces-the-new-30-super-carry/amp/
Federal Introduces New .30 Super Carry Ammunition
Travis Pike
4 days ago

My thoughts are; how many firearm manufacturers are going to gear up right now to make handguns or carbines for this round? Also, how many ammo manufacturers are going to make this round if they are (their words) already maxing out their machines/workers making ammo now? I would bet that many will wait until after the 2022 elections to see what shakes out.

joecrab

Bearcat
I like the sound of it because of more magazine capacity over the 9MM and the lighter recoil, although at 1250 fps with 100 grainers, I can't see how it will be a LOT less and the slide can't be that much lighter given the pressures that that it ls loaded to..

JCK

Single-Sixer
The .30SC has less muzzle flip than a 9mm. Paul Harrel has a YouTube video. His perception is that recoil is similar but he's shooing a Shield 9mm vs the .30 Sheild EZ. Apples to oranges.
He's also shooting Winchester White box vs Federal.30SC HST.
The Shield 9 has noticeable more muzzle flip.
I shoot 124gr +P and +P+ in my Shield 9, so recoil is dramatically more!
However, the muzzle blast is similar.

Latest posts