How many of you have one of these?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Most of a year ago I was fortunate to pick up this Blackhawk in .327 Federal Mag in its original box. My brother had found one the year before, so of course it was my duty to find one as well. They don't come along often nor cheap since they were made for just one year, so if you see one you better grab it.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have one. I've added a sweet looking set of grips,, made by Lone Star Custom Grips,, (Zane Thompson,, a member here that goes by lscg) that set mine off nicely.
Than,, I added a set of hammer shims,, by Lance Shively. Plus,, a Keith #5 style Belt Mountain base pin,, (thanks Keyle) and a Fermin Garza (2dogs) front sight blade.
So mine has a bit of modification,, all compliments from Forum members.

sixshot

Buckeye
I have one & it rides with me almost every day in the summer time as I'm hunting for badgers, rock chucks, ground squirrels, etc. They are great shooting guns, very strong & dress up nice with a set of Amboyna Burl stocks that I built for it. Mostly I use a 115 gr GCHP bullet but sometimes I use the excellent Ferminator 135 gr GCHP like on this Utah antelope at 74 yds through both lungs with an exit.
RormOPeh.jpg

VqlsBB8h.jpg

Y0BCNdqh.jpg

LFAh5cKh.jpg

Dick

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Very nice, Dick, I read the story over on 24Hour. Can you tell me more about the 135gr "Ferminator" mould?

contender

Ruger Guru
Mine likes the "Ferminator" bullet as well. :D :D

And a 327 whacks them Idaho ground squirrels with authority. I burned a fair amount of ammo out there on them a few years back. But,, I was wringing out my (then) new Single-Seven in 327. That & my Hawkeye,,, but we won't discuss the badger I hit & let get away,,,!

paboxcall

Bearcat
Roll the cans around the back of the range at 65 yards with ease. Favorite handgun I've ever owned. Chig's maple burl grips.

50408497148_4009eae780.jpg

Rockrat75

Bearcat
Saw one this past summer, for sale. Thought it was too high, but found out later it was low, but it had already been sold. Ya snooze, ya lose

sixshot

Buckeye
I don't know what they are bringing now but my late buddy paid $1500 for his 2 years ago. He enjoyed it a lot before he passed, now his son is enjoying it.
Dick

The Norseman

Blackhawk
They are neat Revolvers. Also easy to Reload
for.

My Favorite Local Gun Store had several New
in the Box ones weeks ago, man, they went well
over $1300 a piece, crazy.

They went fast, there must be quite a following.

callshot

Blackhawk
I'm not sixshot's late buddy, but he helped me get one just before his late buddy found one. I haven't shot it too much yet. I have gotten some squirrel blood on it just before the pandemic hit us.

contender

Ruger Guru
I see callshot snuck out from under that sagebrush long enough to pop up & let us know he's still kicking! And yep,,, with those of us who enjoy the 327,, them guns are THE ticket.

And the 327 has a ton of variety when it comes to reloading. There are many options. I've got a couple boxes of factory ammo, but haven't used any for a long time.