New here, but not to Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Redhawk41

Bearcat
While I just now signed up here I am by no means new to Ruger firearms. My first one was a Single Six when I was a teenager back around 1990, and while that particular one has unfortunately LONG ago been sold I have accumulated several others in the mean time. Just like your children, it's hard to pick favorites when talking about things such as food or a gun, but the one that would be a definite contender for "favorite Ruger" would be my 1986 vintage 5.5" Redhawk chambered in .41 Mag. It's just a fun, accurate gun to shoot (and to reload for) and has accounted for several deer in the last 2-3 years. Other "favorites" include a couple chambered in .327 Federal Mag--an SP-101 and a Blackhawk--my birth-year 3-screw 4 5/8" Blackhawk in .45 Colt (pictured), a New Model Bisley in .45 Colt, a couple of Security Sixes (blue and stainless) and a few others. Looking forward to checking out the forums!
1972-4-625-Blackhawk-45-Colt.jpg

Welcome aboard!
welcome.gif

GORGEOUS Blackhawk you have there. Nice one to have for your birth year ;). There's at least three old model Blackhawks that I can't get for mine, and one of them is most definitely in my "most favorites" category.

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Thank you! I actually just found this particular one in a LGS a couple of months ago for what I felt was a very good price, especially considering the current market. It's my first (and hopefully not last) Old Model.