Don’t shoot Stingers/Punch in match guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hpman66

Hunter
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6CvmluRUau0
CZ 457 VARMINT MTR .22lr - WHY NO CCI STINGER TEST?
Buffalo's Outdoors
Jan 5, 2022

2:52 Reminiscing about the Stinger
5:22 THE PEOPLE WANT STINGERS!
6:42 Why I won't shoot them in this rifle
9:50 Summary

IIRC, When stingers first hit the market, it was stated that the slightly longer case would jam in match chambers. Locally, I remember hearing of one incident where a Stinger failed to fully chamber (in a very dirty gun I suspect) and fired out of battery creating a huge commentary about Stingers being over pressure.

fiasconva

Blackhawk
I took my granddaughter to the range yesterday to break in her new Victory using the stangers, which is the same as the stingers. It had numerous ejection problems but I never realized they had longer cases. I'll try my other ammo, which I neglected to use next time. I bet it cures the problem.

fiasconva said:
I took my granddaughter to the range yesterday to break in her new Victory using the stangers, which is the same as the stingers. It had numerous ejection problems but I never realized they had longer cases. I'll try my other ammo, which I neglected to use next time. I bet it cures the problem.

If you haven't already tried this you might give the chambers a real good cleaning to see if that doesn't remove any chamber trash preventing seating of the "stangers". Just a thought. :wink:

fiasconva

Blackhawk
Brand new semi and I did a thorough cleaning and lube before shooting. Just hope it's the ammo and not the gun. Hate to have to send it back and wait for the repair and return time.

fiasconva

Blackhawk
Update: Took the new Victory to the range today and used Federal Auto Match. I shot 50 rounds through it and that new Victory ran like a champ and it is an extremely accurate little .22. Called my granddaughter and gave her the good news. Looks like it may be range day for the two of us tomorrow. :mrgreen: