New P95 soon

Help Support Ruger Forum:

First gun of the new year,
That didn't take long. :roll:
Not really "new", but like new and new to me.
The local gun shop had some fake/ decorator windows
broken and called me to check them out for repair.
Had to check out the used gun section while I was there, of course.
They just put a really nice P95 in the case and you know the rest.
I can pick it up Friday.
$ 319.00 plus tax, and I would liked to have gotten one for closer
to 300.00 but I'm happy enough. Comes with case and 2 mags,
no papers or anything else that came in the box.
This is my 6th P gun plus a 345.
I really like these guns!

Actually, I think it is the best pistol Ruger ever made.... I understand the need to market, make what the public wants and such but I think drinking the striker fired kool-aid will be a mistake in the end....

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The P95 and SR9 were always huge sellers around here. When Ruger did a run of SR's last year they sold out fast and my local dealer said he was praying that Ruger was bringing them back full time again. Absolutely nobody cares about the RAP, and the Security 9 is strictly sold on price point and having the Ruger name on it.

9x19

Hunter
The P95's price accounted for a lot of its sales as well.... they were good guns, but they lost their mass appeal, so the company went looking for their next success... still looking i guess, but it's also a quickly moving target they are trying to hit.

I like my Security 9 Pro quite a bit... one day I'll find the Compact Pro model on sale and then I'll have one of those to go with this one... :D

5Wwznpy.jpg

The P95 grip fits my smallish hand better than many other 'high cap' 9's. I think(?) I have 3 of them (KP95DC, P95DC, P95DC w/rail). I carried the KP95DC for a long time until my job required a bit more discretion (ie: smaller and better concealed).

Mr Pickles

Bearcat
Yeah, I would love to get a P-series of guns. They have a lot of value in reliability department.
I always though the P95 was amazing value and looks great. I used to see a police run, that has the blacken stainless...which were my favorites.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
I haven't seen a P-95 for 20 years, I don't think. I think that people are holding on to them for their entire lifetime. But that's just a guess.

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
Sold mine a while back. It was a nice gun, but had a lot of use before I got it. Wasn't as accurate as I hoped it would be. Might still have a mag or 3 laying around for it. PM me if interested and I'll see if I can find them.

jasper661

Bearcat
I found a P89 DC a bit rough on the outside, but in good condition mechanically, a careful inspection of the parts indicated it had been fired very little. I re load and use almost exclusively cast bullets. In trying different loads I found that by seating a 160 gr. cast SWC at 1.136" they would feed and function. With the load I am using my average velocity with the above bullet is just over 1000 fps. A good load for carry if one has to deal with large predators. The load I use is still 1/2 grain below the max listed in the older manuals for heavy bullets in the 9mm. The P series guns were over designed and are very durable.

Well, did it again.
The above mentioned gun I brought home in Janurary and it was the safety version.
Yesterday I brought home, from the same LGS, a P95DC. LNIB.
They also had 2 P85's in the case. I'll leave those be, they want 100.00 more than the P95 and I have one in the safe already.

Latest posts