fixing up my 45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LSCG

Buckeye
I decided to treat myself and fix up my .454 SBH Bisley.

I started out with my last set of Bighorn blanks and included a palm swell in the right hand panel which really helps with recoil.

the ejector rod housing sat proud where it fits into the frame so this was blended in with the frame. the housing screw was then indexed and blended with the housing. next i checkered the ejector rod head, slotted the trigger and hammer pins and added a thumb scoop to the loading gate. often the top of the trigger will sit down below the grip frame leaving a little blocky stump. I've never liked how that looked so the trigger was reshaped to have a more graceful curve. finally, I removed the warning label on the barrel.

i intend to use this as a hunting rig so i decided to put a red dot on it and will hopefully get it sighted in this weekend.

xujlhN1h.jpg

ehsQYP8h.jpg

t2JkDF2l.jpg

John8Qfl.jpg

0UeM3ZJl.jpg

v9Xt5nGl.jpg

87SiabNl.jpg

eMuflSXl.jpg

Silcott

Bearcat
It would be extremely hard to pick any other gun from the safe to carry over that one.

That is an amazing looking revolver, in the perfect caliber. IMO

Justin

LSCG

Buckeye
Mike Armstrong said:
Grips are deelicious!

thank you!

contender said:

thanks Tyrone!

Johnnu2 said:
I REALLY like those grips..... beautifully fit too.

J.

thanks!

Silcott said:
It would be extremely hard to pick any other gun from the safe to carry over that one.

That is an amazing looking revolver, in the perfect caliber. IMO

Justin

thanks Justin!

i really look forward to using it in the field.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Excellent pictures of a very slick looking revolver.
Like the slotted pin heads also, they alone should turn a few heads, :wink: .

Good Hunting to you.
Terry

LSCG

Buckeye
got her sighted in. shooting the RCBS 270SAA over 19gr of 2400 in 45 Colt cases. should put me in the 1150fps range. first group at 25 yards measured 1.554 center to center. with my last three rounds i took it to 85 yards and grouped 3.151 center to center. i've been shooting nothing but the 44spl for the past few years and have really gotten used to it's mild recoil. this load isn't bad at all but it is a little bit stouter than the special and after a while i caught myself anticipating the recoil and pushing the shot. with some more trigger time i think i can shrink those groups some.

Ttf7xVvl.jpg

R8OBKZWl.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Gee Zane,, that's a terrible shooting iron. You need to send it to me to see if I can make it shoot better. I promise to return it,, in a few dozen years! :D :D

LSCG

Buckeye
contender said:
Gee Zane,, that's a terrible shooting iron. You need to send it to me to see if I can make it shoot better. I promise to return it,, in a few dozen years! :D :D

i don't know Tyrone, i might need it before then! :lol:

deac45 said:
Nice! It's the little things that set a custom above the rest.

thanks!

Big Bore

Bearcat
I saw that posted somewhere else and man that is one gorgeous set up. Your grips are impeccable. Nice work.

contender

Ruger Guru
"Your grips are impeccable. Nice work."

Zane has been doing grips for quite a while. Yes,, they are impeccable. He's made a lot of very, very nice grips for a ton of folks. And when he does some sheep,, or the very rarely available ivory,, stunning. caryc used to make grips,, and his were stunning as well. But since he's stopped making them,, Zane is THE man to get grips done.

Latest posts