What will $156.22 buy?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Not very much. This is what I brought home yesterday. :(

wXSeCoC.jpg

OMG, I have to say everyone needs to be knowledgeable shoppers in the ammo market. 9mm prices are coming down-I bought a case(500) of Federal TSJ 150 for $225 delivered and that stuff is hard to come by. High end SD ammo is still in the dollar a pop but practice and/or non-premium HP 9mm is around 50 cents or less. Still expensive but well off the high scalper prices.
I recently saw some target grade .223 BTHP for $12/20 and 224 Valkyrie 75 FMJ for $16/20. I haven't been watching rimfire since I'm not in that market.

WYO1

Bearcat
Go over to Ammoland.com , things have been coming down. 9mm is .35-.36 per round shipped.

"Stangers"? I had to look that up . . .

CCI® Stinger® isn't just a great load for pinning down varmints. It's also been one of the top choices of YouTube shooting sensation 22plinkster. That's why we've introduced special-edition "Stangers"—loads named for his signature drawl. Like the original, Stangers' 32-grain copper-plated hollow-point bullet leaves the muzzle at 1,640 fps and provide CCI's legendary precision and accuracy.

Special-edition 22plinkster packaging
32-grain copper-plated hollow point
1,640 fps muzzle velocity

Same bullet/ballistics as Stingers.

Now we name ammo after internet "influencers"? Sigh. :roll:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:

CCI® Stinger® isn't just a great load for pinning down varmints. It's also been one of the top choices of YouTube shooting sensation 22plinkster. That's why we've introduced special-edition "Stangers"—loads named for his signature drawl. Like the original, Stangers' 32-grain copper-plated hollow-point bullet leaves the muzzle at 1,640 fps and provide CCI's legendary precision and accuracy.

No doubt 22plinkster got some $$ (or a truck load of ammo) from CCI for this, which Vista Outdoor (CCI) no doubt tacked on to the retail price.

Here's his video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-lviW-aZQ

Cholo

Staff member
He's one of the best gun YouTubers out there and mainly does videos of RF .22's. He's very easy to watch with none of those cringe worthy introductions with head banger music that seem so popular for some ungodly reason. He has 718,000 subscribers which is pretty darn good for someone who limits himself to (mainly) 22's.

Watch him and see if you like him. I'm not a subscriber, but I have enjoyed every video I've watched. It takes something to have CCI label their Stingers/Stangers after him.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I've been a subscriber to his YouTube channel for several years & always watch his new videos when they come out, he's definitely one of the best no BS reviewers out there. 👍

Ale-8(1) said:

My Grandpa was my "influencer!" :p

I'd be totally OK with special-edition ammo (Stangers, "Choot 'em!", red and green Christmas ammo, etc.) IF I could go to the local store and buy a brick of .22 ammo on the typical day.

Until then… quit with the special promotional crap! You can't fulfill the market demand, as it is! :evil:

So we have a happy arrangement between Plinkster and CCI. Good for them. He's a really good shot and comes off well, so I can see the appeal to CCI for hooking up with him. Of course, CCI will reap considerable advertising from his efforts, no question, and ol' Plink will never have to worry about a supply of ammo. Happy arrangement, indeed. :wink:

I traded in an NAA .22LR 5 shot derringer for $150 store credit, and went on a shopping spree at The Reloader's Bench. I got 100 primed .45 cases, hundreds of projectiles, boxes to put finished product in, some odds and ends to fill niches in my reloading program. :)
gramps

Latest posts