Vista Outdoor price increase 4/1/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Get it while you can, cause prices will be going up. Other suppliers will likely follow suit.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/12/28/costs-rising-ammo-vista/

Dear Customer:

Thank you for your business and for your continued support of American jobs and manufacturing. As we continue to see supply chain constraints and increases in our raw materials, we are increasing our pricing to help offset those rising costs.

Effective 4/1/2022, CCI, Federal, Hevi–shot, Remington, and SPEER ammunition will take the following price increases:

Primers – 5%
Powder – 5%
Handgun – 2-8%
Rifle – 3-8%
Shotgun – 3-12%

Additionally, due to continued demand, NO new Primer orders will be accepted until further notice.

Unless you notify us to cancel an order, we will reprice all existing and future orders shipped on or after 4/1/2022 to the new prices.

I am not making excuses just what's happening. I decided it was time to sell a 8 year old travel trailer and look for a new better brand. Not to many years ago that 35,000 dollar rv would have been worth about 8,000. I showed it to a dealer, he paid me 14,500 for it in Sept. Said would sell it for 20-22,000. I placed an order at a different rev dealer in Aug. They wanted a deposit, but would not write up a sales contract. They said prices would be going up due to the world we now live in, material storages, demand, fuel costs and inflation. Rv was due to be delivered March or April. By 1st week of Dec the price to purchase that RV went up from 47,500 to 59,600 and delivery was looking at April or May depending if the generators would be available.
At this point, what products have not gone up in price or will soon? The shooting industry is not exempt from inflation, fuel costs, demand, material storages or anything else that drives up costs. If you want it you will pay more or do without.

dannyd

Buckeye
Don't know about the use of the RV, but this a hobby to must of us so we are in control of how much we are willing to pay. I like to shoot so things will have to get pretty bad before I call it quits. But the shortage of Food and Fuel may play a bigger part in any future decisions about how we proceed.

I don't travel Love not leaving home. :)

Cholo

Staff member
"Additionally, due to continued demand, NO new Primer orders will be accepted until further notice."

This is not good news for anyone who doesn't already have a sizable stash of primers :(

contender

Ruger Guru
It was announced by them long ago that there was going to be a modest price increase. Not really new news,, but I did like seeing the percentage they will go up. Not too bad in general,,, compared to the increases we've seen elsewhere.
I was paying $150 a case for primers,, so a 5% increase will make them go to $157.50. I'll pay that. (If I can find them.) :D

Johnnu2

Hunter
Even the USPS had a 'quiet' price increase on first class stamps (before the Christmas holiday)... from $0.55 to $0.58.

Woulda thought that would have been newsworthy on some media outlet; but I saw nothing....

J.

NikA

Buckeye
I think the USPS price increase was couched as "temporary" to account for increased mail traffic during the holiday season. I suspect it may well become permanent given there has not been too much uproar over the increase.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
contender said:
It was announced by them long ago that there was going to be a modest price increase. Not really new news,, but I did like seeing the percentage they will go up. Not too bad in general,,, compared to the increases we've seen elsewhere.
I was paying $150 a case for primers,, so a 5% increase will make them go to $157.50. I'll pay that. (If I can find them.) :D

Keep in mind that Vista Outdoor was talking to their distributors and wholesale buyers in this announcement. Those folks will likely tack on an additional few percent (as will the retailers) to cover their increased shipping and handling. Everyone between the end user and the manufacturer gets a piece of the action.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
contender said:

Hi,

I wish prices in the supermarket were held to that range.

Rick C