M77 Hawkeye FNRA Edition Value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Trying to determine a value of the following:

Ruger M77 Hawkeye made for the Friends of NRA (FNRA) banquets a number of years ago. They only went to specific classes of FNRA organizations (High Caliber).

This one is in 6.5 Creedmoor and has never been shot. My brother in law won it and he told me he is never going to shoot it as he really has no need for that caliber so he wants me to sell it for him.

Additional description:
Ruger M77 Hawkeye, S/N 712-399XX
Solid Red recoil pad
24" Polished barrel
Ruger emblem on grip cap
Engraved floor plate w/NRA emblem in gold (the white piece in the photo was a piece of tape and the discoloration is just from the oil, it is actually a nice dark blue)
Bolt handle engraved with "NRA" and some scroll work
Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40 scope (installed by BIL)
NEVER FIRED

Nn4wNMph.jpg

RvYZ81ih.jpg

Cm2j9tMh.jpg

t9bVArKh.jpg

fpZpK4Ah.jpg

XM7j7nKh.jpg

8hRtN1Ph.jpg

pCWd4MOh.jpg

hittman

Staff member
As you know, it falls into a niche market.

As I searched completed auctions on Gun Broker I find only ONE FNRA item; the Weatherby Vanguard. Asking was $1550 and it ended with no bids.

Probably be an easier sale if it was the plain old run of the mill rifle UNLESS …. You find that one guy looking for the commemorative / special edition / limited production item.

Sorry, that's no help at all, I know. :lol:

No, it's not no help, it does actually help, since you replied, that may get others to say something. Since it's only "marked up" in several places, it very well could be a good hunting rifle for someone. Plus factors are: It's a Ruger M77 Hawkeye, 24" barrel, 6.5 Creedmoor, decent Leupold scope. I think it could hold it's own in the field. I'll probably leave this thread up for about a week to see if anyone chimes in and then figure out a starting price and put it up for sale.

Latest posts