3 screw triggers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flyingtiger

Single-Sixer
Can anybody give me dimensions of old model bearcat triggers as compared to single six triggers. have some triggers only marked ruger triggers in a box of parts I bought. look too small to be blackhawk

contender

Ruger Guru
Well,, sorta! Remember,, there are the early "skinny" triggers,, and then of course, the Super Blackhawk wide triggers,, then the Bisley triggers.

:D :D

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Contender, good clarification, thx.

Yes I meant all old model and new model triggers will interchange in the actions among all the model single actions except Bearcat. But not from old to new or new to old. And of course the wide triggers of old models need the trigger guard slot widened to fit. This is also true for Bisley triggers (which are only new models); they need the trigger guard slot lengthened to fit in standard grip frame trigger slots.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Excellent drawing Bob!

Just a side note: In a standard size trigger guard slot I noticed on mine that the Bisley trigger leaves a pretty small space for the finger when trigger is at rest. On the next standard grip frame slot I lengthened, I didn't open it to the front as much, just enough for the trigger to fit in when I assembled the trigger guard. It acts as a trigger stop for forward motion of the trigger and left more space for my fat finger when trigger is at rest.

contender

Ruger Guru
No problem on adding to things a bit to help clarify stuff. Others may see this thread at some point & it ALL helps others with questions. Good info Bob!