Clements Custom Single Six Got it today!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Back in the Spring I emailed David Clements to see if he had time to spruce up a Single Six I have. It needed help with the front sight but otherwise was a very nice gun. 5 1/2 inch barrel with a magnum cylinder.

He emailed me last night that it's almost ready! Here is what he said about my revolver:
I got all the work done on your gun. Just waiting on Turnbull to return the frame. The gun shot extraordinarily good. Don't ever sell this one. Factory guns that shoot this good are very rare.

But shoot. We are going out of town for Christmas break for a couple weeks, so I had to ask him to delay shipping the gun back to me until January. But, I'm glad he likes the gun! That's a good sign!

Oh, and I told him not to worry about me selling the gun. Way back in 2008, Guns of the Old West featured one of his Ruger .22's. It was a Single Six with a rounded grip frame and was just beautiful. I remember making it a goal of mine to someday have one of his guns. This will be my second.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
You'll be pleased! David does outstanding work, & I'm fortunate to own a few examples of his fine workmanship.

GLASSMAN said:
So what all did you have done on your Six?
You know we need pictures after it arrives!

I had the frame color case hardened and a new blue job for the rest of the gun. And a steel grip frame. David went through the gun and gave it his accuracy package. A new front sight, and I think new grips. Although the balance due wasn't very much, so I'm not sure about the grips. Either way on them is fine. I have several sets of some nice grips. I left a lot of decisions up to him, he probably has a better sense of what makes a nice gun than I do.

He never wrote up a work order, it was all done over the phone. But in today's way of doing business, it was pure joy to just make a phone call and order something like this without "pre-approval this," or "sign in duplicate that" on and on. Ya' know? I sent him the check yesterday.

I'll definitely post some pictures when I get the gun. :D

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Sounds nice. Back around 2006, I had David shorten a S&W Model 27 .44 Special conversion from 6 1/2" to 5", put on a new front ramp sight and re-blue it. Of course, he did an excellent job.

I only live about 20 miles away from him. Maybe I'll wander over and coon finger your Single Six. :D

I got the Clement's Single Six in the mail today. Wow! I can't believe how nice it is. Sorry for just one picture, it's too cold outside today. I'll try and take more when I go to the range next time.

But it's got smooth walnut grips, a new front sight, re-blue and CCH from Turnbull. Plus the accuracy package from Clements. Oh, and a steel grip frame, and steel ejector, which makes the gun balance unbelievably well. And like I said above, he told me to not sell this one because it shoots so good. Which makes me feel good, because I had always thought it shot well to begin with, which is why this single six got sent to Clements in the first place.

The grips just feel amazing. And the color case hardening. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen real CCH on a gun before. Just the chemical versions. The colors are much more earth toned than I imagined. I like it, don't get me wrong. But compared to the chemical coloring, with all the reds and purples, this is much more natural. Like something you would expect, and it pairs very well with the walnut grips.

R27wdlpl.jpg

I'm so thankful I got David Clements to work over one last pistol before he retires.

Latest posts